20 YEARS AGO
- Higher Sales Lift Most European Chemical Company Profits. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;8/15/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 27, p15
The article looks at the sales and earnings posted by European chemical companies for the second quarter and first half of 2007. Bayer reported second-quarter net income up 46%, to â‚¬660 million, on sales up 22%, to Â£8.2 billion. Lanxess' second-quarter sales fell because of the...
- Belgian firm UCB acquires ICI film plants. Miller, Diane // Plastics News;2/9/1998, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p23
Announces that UCB SA has acquired ICI film plants. Background information on UCB; What the merged companies will produce; Comments from Alain Douxchamps, spokesman for UCB.
- ICI snap up Cuprinol. // Builders Merchants Journal;Apr98, p5
Reports on the acquisition plans by ICI, makers of Dulux paints and woodstains of Cuprinol, Polycell and Hammerite. Opinion of Geoff Page, marketing and strategic planning manager for ICI Dulux, on the proposed acquisition.
- ICI Reports Increases in US Sales. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/5/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the increase in ICI's United States sales for the second quarter of 2002. Trading profit of the company during the period; Factors that contributed to the losses incurred by the company; Worth of the company's sale of paints during the quarter.
- Pensions review. // Accountancy;Sep97, Vol. 120 Issue 1249, p81
Reports on the financial performance of ICI for the first half of 1997.
- German companies post high sales and profits. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;4/30/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 64, p5
The article reports on the financial results of German chemical companies BASF and Bayer. The companies posted higher profits and sales during the first quarter of 2007. BASF posted a 13.5% year-on-year rise in earnings before interest and tax. Sales were up 17% to â‚¬14.6 billion. Bayer...
- Croda Acquires Uniqema from ICI. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/5/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 23, p8
This article states that Croda International has agreed to acquire ICI's Uniqema oleochemicals and derivatives business for Â£ 410 million. Croda will pay ICI Â£ 370 million in cash and assume Â£ 40 million of unfunded pension liabilities on completion of the deal in the third quarter....
- Food Maker Buys ICI's Food Ingredients. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/10/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the acquisition of the food ingredients business of Quest International by Kerry Group from ICI. Chemical products produced by the business; Reason for the sale of the business; Plan of ICI for Quest.
- R.I.P. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;2/18/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 7, p24
The article focuses on takeover of Great Britain's ICI by Dutch coatings and specialty chemicals firm Akzo Nobel. ICI was once a leading global commodity chemical company with sizeable specialty and pharmaceutical divisions. ICI shares were trading at a little over Â£6 when the spin-off...