Gossler reveals designs for Germany and Poland
- HIGH-PURITY PRODUCTS FROM PLASTIC WASTE: THE W2PLASTICS PROJECT. Rem, Peter; Solaria, Venga; Di Maio, Francesco // Environmental Engineering & Management Journal (EEMJ);Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p963
The European annual consumption of plastic materials has increased from 24.6 Mtons in 1993 to 39.7 M tons in 2003 and it is likely to keep growing. Europe is faced with the challenge of managing millions of tons of waste plastics. At the same time, polymer recyclers and manufacturing industries...
- Sand reclamation planning checklist. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jan1995, Vol. 123 Issue 1, pD-8
Discusses considerations for foundry managers and engineers when planning a sand reclamation system. Includes sand characteristics and amount; Labor cost; Disposal; Chemical analysis of reclaimed material.
- Elmsford recycler finishes first phase of expansion. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;9/13/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 37, p11
The article reports on the success of Brookfield Resource Management Inc., a materials recycling company in the metropolitan New York and Chicago, Illinois markets, in completing the first phase of a 3.8 million U.S.-dollar, 35,000-square-foot operations center that will allow the company to...
- Plastics. // Resource Recycling;Aug2008, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p53
The article reports on key business and economic indicators relating to virgin resin products and manufacturing in the United States as of August 2008. Rising feedstock prices, resulting from the high cost of oil and natural gas, have allowed virgin resin producers to push prices up, month after...
- Impact will be seen in report conclusions. // Plastics News;9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p6
Comments on the draft white paper on optimizing plastics use, recycling and disposal in California. Complaints of plastic industry members on anti-plastic bias in the project; Impact of the rationale on plastic recycling; Argument on landfill tipping fees against adequate pricing signal to...
- Plastics Recycling Still A 'Big Dream' Schultz, Jackie // Paperboard Packaging;Oct2002, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p5
Comments on the reasons why industries had been unable to meet targets for plastics recycling in the United States. Problem attributed to the failure of manufacturers to get a stream of high quality recycled plastics at a reasonable price; Exploration of the environmental impact of the issue.
- It Pays To Recycle. Jackson, Danielle // Waste Age;Aug2002, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p74
Focuses on the Publishers Clearing Housing-style approach of American Plastics Council. Randomized check for recycling bins; Rewards for people who successfully recycle plastics; Total number of recycled plastics.
- A LOOK BACK. // Waste & Recycling News;9/13/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
The article presents news briefs related to the events which took place during the last few years including a study on plastic container recycling rate in the U.S. in 2000, damage caused by Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coast region in 2005 and closing down of the National Recycling Coalition.
- Plastics recyling: Time for last rites? King, Roger // Plastics News;9/30/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the plastic industry in the United States and its efforts to support recycling. Perceptions of the American Plastic Council's officials on the plastic industry's recycling strategies; Information on the plastic industry's recycling efforts in the 1990s; Comments from Mark Murray,...