Finland makes a record investment
- Taking initiative on the environment. Johnstone Jr., John W. // Canadian Business Review;Winter92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p39
Reports about Responsible Care, one of the most dynamic environmental initiatives in the world conceived by Canadian Chemical Producers Association (CCPA). Chemical industry associations that adopted the Responsible Care; Requirements of the initiative to the companies who adopted it; How...
- Keeping Up. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;7/4/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 26, p7
Comments on the changes in the chemical industry in the United States since the launch of the Responsible Care program. Progress on improving the specifics of the program; Potential of integrating the program with the ISO 14000 certification; Goal of the initiative.
- ICMA president's page. Shroff, Ashwin C. // Chemical Business;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p8
Presents the list of benefits that are available to Responsible Care signatories from the Canadian Chemical Producers' Association. Reason why the Responsible care proved to be a real advantage to companies who are exporting their products from Canada.
- 10 years of Responsible Care: A Survey. // Chemical Business;Nov98, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p41
Focuses on the Responsible Care, an international voluntary initiative designed to improve the performance of the chemical industry in the fields of health, environment, product safety, distribution, emergency response and relations with the public. Mobilization of resources of various...
- Twin fronts. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;12/4/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 47, p5
Opinion. Discusses the problems attendant to the chemical industry's implementation of the Responsible Care Program. Efforts by the Chemical Manufacturers Association (CMA) to bring members of on the management systems verification exercises; Communication as major issue for industry in Europe.
- MIT survey cites progress. Mullin, Rick // Chemical Week;11/29/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the results of the survey `The U.S. Responsible Care Initiative: The Dynamics of Shaping Firm Practices and Values' from the Technology, Business and Environment Program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Impact of Responsible Care on the environment, health and safety...
- LEPCs struggle on. Nickell, Nancy // Chemical Week;12/6/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 22, p40
Reports on the growing number of community advisory panels (CAP) being established under the chemical industry's Responsible Care management program. Concerns over the local emergency planning committee's (LEPC) inability to handle risk management programs required by the Environmental...
- Setting world standards. Roberts, Michael; Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;12/6/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 22, p42
Reports on the growing popularity of Responsible Care's management concepts among chemical companies in developing countries. Management strategies by Colour-Chem Limited and Ciba; Management problems faced by chemical companies in developing nations.
- Australia's next step. Forster, Christine // Chemical Week;12/6/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 22, p50
Reports on the growing popularity of the Responsible Care management program among Australian chemical companies. Efforts by the Plastics and Chemicals Industries Association to promote the program; Graph illustrating companies' compliance with the management program.