NRC spreads swiss cover
- Distributor Makes Acquisition. // Chemical Week;5/2/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 15, p15
The article announces the acquisition of Prochem from M. Friedli Finanz & Kommerz by Nordmann, Rassmann. It is reported that the acquisition marks Nordmann, Rassmann's entry into the Swiss market. Nordmann, Rassmann, also family owned, has activities in Germany, Austria, Central Europe, Portugal...
- Funeral homes merge to form eight-site chain. // Funeral Monitor;8/18/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p2
The article reports on the merger of family-owned businesses Williams Funeral Home and Dingmann Family Funeral Home in Central Minnesota. The company is called Williams Dingmann Family Funeral Homes. Eight of the Wlliams and Dingmann locations are affected by the merger. Williams Funeral Home...
- Family Firms Face the Future. Anderson, Bill // Beverage World;4/15/2010, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses the need for family firms to hire non-family professional managers to raise the level of professionalism in managing companies especially in times of mega mergers.
- Workers know the real cost of change: jobs. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;07/17/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p25
Discusses the impact of the decision of Chicago, Illinois-based family businesses to sell their companies on the unemployment situation in the state. Number of manufacturing jobs lost between 1992 and 1997; Efforts of the city government to assist family-owned businesses handle succession...
- Bentalls did not seek bid. // Cabinet Maker;04/21/2000, Issue 5184, p3
Reports that Bentalls has rejected a consolidation bid for the family-owned business.
- CAN A FAMILY BUSINESS SURVIVE MERGERMANIA AND DIVORCE? Gilbert, Nathaniel // Management Review;Jan89, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on the competitiveness of family-owned businesses in the United States in an era of corporate mergers. Challenges of establishing a succession plan; Tests recommended to determine the longevity of the business.
- A tough choice for the family weighing an offer. Harman, Jeri J.; John W. Zick // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p37
Presents information on the issues that family-owned companies face, when a potential merger, or acquisition if evident. Information on systematic thought process, that should be used, to consider increasing wealth; Examples of scenarios relating to family-owned companies, and problems they are...
- The dynastic dilemma: Knowing when to sell out. Ferguson, Adele // BRW;05/22/95, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p22
Focuses on the difficulty of a sellout for family-owned businesses in Australia. Factors behind decisions to sell; Growth in the number of siblings who have financial interest but lack direct involvement; Continuing need for capital; Takeover trend in the country; Significant shift in the types...
- M&A a key facet of growth. CHANG, JOSEPH; BEACHAM, WILL // ICIS Chemical Business;7/21/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 2, p38
The article discusses merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the chemical industry as of July 2014, focusing on analysis of the market and opportunities for company growth. Topics include a perceived need for consolidation in the global chemical distribution sector, examples of chemical...