Need prompts PP restart
- New Catalysts Give PP Broader MW Distribution. // Plastics Technology;Nov2003, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p28
Presents information on the Ziegler-Natta catalysts for gas and liquid-phase polypropylene polymerization from the Dutch parent of Basell North America. Capabilities of the catalysts.
- Markets Watch. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 60, p28
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry. Basell is raising its Adsyl, Adflex and reactor-grade Hifax advanced polyolefins prices by â‚¬80 per tonne. Rhodia plans to close its Mulhouse Domach site in France from December 31, 2007. Growth in Europe's polyols market is being...
- BASELL ACQUIRES SOLVAY. // Appliance Design;Jan2008, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the acquisition of Solvay Engineered Polymers Inc. It announces that a definite agreement has been signed by advanced polyolefins manufacturer Basell to purchase the polypropylene compounds supplier. The article further reports that the deal will be subject to regulatory...
- Arak to start up expanded units in 2005-06. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;11/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 467, p20
Reports on the plan of Arak Petrochemical to begin its chemical and expanded derivatives units in 2005 and 2006. Appointment of Basell as licensor for the polyolefins expansion of the company; Projected growth of Arak's polypropylene capacity; Other plans of the company.
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;10/24/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 34, p43
This section offers news briefs on the chemical and plastic industries. Basell will cease production of polypropylene in Varennes, Quebec in April 2008. Oxea will increase off-list prices for i/n butyl acetate, i/n butanol, n-propyl acetate, and n-propanol in North America and in Africa, Asia,...
- Innovations. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/28/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 68, p31
This section offers world news briefs related to the chemical industry. German biotechnology chemicals company Amino has received European Union (EU) certification for production of isoleucine and threonine, using its fermentation process. Basell has launched its Stretchene high-performance...
- PP marketing partners. // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2007, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p314
The article reports on a long-term contract agreement between polyolefin producer Basell North America and ConocoPhillips for Basell to sell the polypropylene (PP) produced at ConocoPhillips' plant in Linden, New Jersey. The producer has been the only accredited marketer of PP produced at the...
- Sunoco declares PP force majeure. Coifman, Ron; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/16/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 15, p10
This article states Sunoco has declared force majeure for polypropylene plant in Neal, West Virginia. The plant produces 240,000 tonne of polypropylene every year. It says that the declaration was made on April 10, 2007. It reveals that the plant suffered an unanticipated mechanical breakdown...
- Two-week shutdown at Kallo for debottlenecking. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;1/19/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2083, p35
Reports on the plans of Borealis to temporarily shut down its polypropylene plant in Kallo, Belgium to complete a debottlenecking program in January 2004. Production capacity of the plant; Significance of the debottlenecking program to the polypropylene sector of Borealis.