GAS finances expansion in Al-Jubail and Yanbu
- SABIC adheres to Islamic code. Chowdhury, Divya // ICIS Chemical Business;7/9/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 74, p55
The article reports on the borrowing of an Islamic loan by SABIC subsidiary Saudi European Petrochemical Co., also known as Ibn Zahr. According to a SABIC statement, Ibn Zahr has borrowed the money under a murabaha facility from a consortium of Saudi and international banks. It is noted that...
- Blue chip drives a hard bargain. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/12/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p20
Focuses on the financial deals conducted by three affiliates of Saudi Basic Industries Corp. Rearrangement of old loans for the three affiliates; Opening of a loan facility for Petrokemya; Price trend for project finance in the Middle East region.
- Sabic to boost US imports. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;6/29/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p3
The article focuses on Saudi Basic Industries Corp.'s (Sabic), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, plans to face the global financial crisis. Sabic, a petrochemicals company, has contracted with warehouses in Texas and New Jersey to import commodity resins from its plants in the Middle East. As stated, the...
- Sabic focused on future growth. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/19/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 47, p7
The article discusses business expansion plan of Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (Sabic) that includes Elastomer Carbon Black project of worth 5bn dollar, which is expected to produce around 400,000 tonne-a-year (t/y) of carbon black, rubber and thermoplastic speciality polymers.
- Profit increase by 33%. // Chemical Fibers International;Mar2008, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p25
This article reports on the net profit posted by Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for 2007. The company reported profit increase to 27 billion riyals, compared to SAR 20.3 billion riyals in 2006. The increase occurred due to 15% increase in sales and the rise of...
- Higher profit. // Chemical Fibers International;Mar2011, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p24
The article reports that Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) has recorded an increase in net profits during the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Sabic IP adding PC sheet capacity in Europe. Grace, Robert // Plastics News;11/12/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p30
The article reports that the company Sabic Innovative Plastics is boosting production of polycarbonate multiwall and solid sheet via capacity expansions in Austria, Italy and the Netherlands. The firm also opened a new energy center in Europe designed to boost new technology application for...
- Key Facts. // Saudi Basic Industries Corporation SWOT Analysis;May2008, p4
Key facts about Saudi Basic Industries Corp., a company engaged in the manufacture of chemicals, plastics, fertilizers and metals, are presented. Address and contact information is given, as well as statistics on revenues, financial year end data and number of employees.
- INVESTORS LIKE WHAT THEY SEE AT SABIC. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p15
The article assesses the business and financial performance of Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC). Its is noted that the company has become one of the world's largest chemical companies and the third-largest industrial company in the emerging markets. When compared to other chemical companies...