Goldenfrazil calls for Spolana sale annulment
- Goldenfrazil calls for Spolana sale annulment. Conroy, Will; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/30/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 17, p12
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by Goldenfrazil against Unipetrol, calling for the annulment of the sale of its Spolana subsidiary. Goldenfrazil accused Unipetrol that it did not consult the shareholders and Spolana's polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and caprolactum (capro) units when it sold the...
- The Business Lawyer. Schlesinger, Steven R. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/09/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 23, p12A
Explains how minority stockholders can petition for the dissolution of a company under special circumstances. Circumstances that can give rise to forced liquidation; Disagreements between companies and stockholders that can serve as the basis for dissolution action.
- Rationalizing Entity Law: Corporate Law and Alternative Entities (Part I). Loewenstein, Mark J. // Business Law Today;Dec2013, p1
The article discusses the limited liability company law and corporate law, the difference in the laws and whether rationalization of the law is required. Topics include the family limited partnership, corporate law for derivative actions, veil piercing and rights of minority shareholders are...
- Shareholders to vote on Transact's future. Henley, Will // Money Marketing;4/10/2008, p5
The article offers information on the plan of Transact founding shareholders to sell the company or not. It cites that the final decision will be made on the meeting scheduled in early May 2008. Moreover, Malcolm Murray, Transact head of marketing, said that the shareholders also wanted to know...
- WMI to sell Bio Gro unit. McMullen, Cheryl A. // Waste News;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p3
Focuses on the sale of Waste Management Inc. subsidiary, the Bio Gro Division of Wheelbrator Water Technologies Inc. Reason for sale of business; Impact of sale on Bio Gro; Company background of Bio Gro.
- MYOB Sells Canadian Unit. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Presents the selling of Canadian operations of MYOB Limited to Intuit Canada Limited. Anticipation of the company as a competitive environment in a maturing market; Subsidiaries of the company.
- Golden rules for selling off. Bhattacharya, Keron // Accountancy;Jul1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1067, p76
Offers suggestions on how to sell off weak subsidiaries. Strategic planning; Rationalization based on strategic thinking; Role of the company's accounting systems; Tax implication; Significance of an appropriate cut-off point.
- Sale of subsidiaries. // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p22
Highlights Great Britain-based companies involved with selling their subsidiaries. Values of the deals; Sellers and acquirers of the assets.
- BEA caught in the squeeze. Ferguson, Renee Boucher // eWeek;11/5/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p22
The article focuses on the problems that BEA Systems Inc. is facing in San Jose, California. Among the problems that they face includes the withdrawal of the $6.6 billion offer of Oracle Corp. to acquire the company and the filed lawsuit of shareholder Carl Icahn, who owns 13% of BEA stock and...