5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- Akzo Nobel Increases Ketone-Peroxides Capacity. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/12/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the plan of Akzo Nobel company to expand ketone peroxides capacity at Ghlin, Belgium. Expected completion of the project; Significance of the move; Other locations of the company's ketone-peroxides plants; Annual sales of ketone-peroxides.
- Akzo Nobel boosts MCAA, SMCA. Ovrebekk, Hilde // Chemical Market Reporter;8/1/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 4, p10
Reports that Akzo Nobel aims to further strengthen its position in monochloroacetic acid (MCAA) and sodium monochloroacetate (SMCA) through capacity expansions in Skoghall, Sweden and Le Moyne, Alabama. Company also on track with the construction of a MCAA facility in Delfzijl, the Netherlands;...
- AkzoNobel opens Elotex production facility in China. // Chemical Business;Nov2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p73
The article reports that a new production site in Shanghai, China has been opened officially by AkzoNobel Functional Chemicals for its Elotex building material additives business. According to Rob Frohn, the AkzoNobel Board member responsible for Specialty Chemicals, the new manufacturing plant...
- AkzoNobel opens new Imperatriz Chemical Island in Brazil. // Chemical Business;May2014, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p74
The article reports on the start of manufacturing operations at the Imperatriz Chemical Island facility launched by specialty chemicals firm AkzoNobel in Brazil.
- Akzo Nobel looks to invest in new lines. Jagger, Anna // ICIS Chemical Business;5/7/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 65, p25
The article reports on the plan of polymer chemicals Akzo Nobel to add cellulosics and organic peroxides production at its multi-product site in Ningbo, China. According to functional chemicals president Jo Lennartz, the company is considering investing in cellulosics as another project. The...
- Akzo Nobel Opens U.S. Automotive R&D Center. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;8/20/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 29, p24
Reveals the plan of Akzo Nobel to expand a dispersion facility and build a new research and development center at its Pontiac, Michigan car refinishes site. Amount of money the company will spend for the expansion project; Estimate on the value of automotive refinish market in the U.S.
- Akzo Announces First Two Plants at China 'Multi-Site.'. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;5/9/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 16, p14
The article reports that Akzo Nobel has announced details of the first two chemical plants it will build at a multi-site in Ningbo, China. The plants will make ethylene amines and chelating agents, and require a combined investment of about â‚¬250 million. In 2006, Akzo reserved a 50-hectare...
- Celanese Plans China Comonomer JV. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;4/25/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 14, p12
The article reports on the decision of Celanese to form a joint venture with Hebei Shield Technology Co. in China. the joint venture will produce vinyl ester of neodecanoic acid. Vinyl ester of neodecanoic acid is used as a comonomer, together with vinyl acetate monomer (VAM), in the production...
- AkzoNobel's Ningbo plant starts production. // Chemical Business;Jan2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p76
The article announces that the chelates plant of AkzoNobel in Ningbo, China will begin production in 2010.