DuPont profits on the up
- DuPont Reports 12% Sales Increase. // Nonwovens Industry;Mar2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p120
This article reports on the increase in sales for the E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. in the U.S. as of 2003. It notes that income before the cumulative effect of accounting changes was $1.2 billion versus $1.8 billion. Fourth quarter consolidated net sales rose 14% to $6.5 billion compared to...
- DuPont's announces fourth quarter 2007 business segment performance. // Chemical Business;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p84
The article focuses on the business segment performance of DuPont for the fourth quarter of 2007. Sales of the coatings and color technologies increased to US$ 1.7 billion with broad-based sales increases outside the U.S. Meanwhile, sales of electronic and communication technologies increased to...
- DuPont Earnings Increase 25%. // Nonwovens Industry;Jun2004, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p37
This article reports that the DuPont company reported a 25 percent increase in first quarter earnings with net sales of 8.1 billion dollars, a 15 percent increase from the fourth quarter of 2003, reflecting stronger volumes and higher U.S. dollar selling prices. The company reported net income...
- Dark days for DuPont. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;1/30/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the decline in the corporate profits of E. I. DuPont in the fourth quarter of 2005. Data is given on the overall corporate earnings of DuPont. The factors that contributed to the decline are stated. Stock market value of DuPont is reported.
- DuPont Expects Lower Growth, But Maintains Earnings Targets. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;9/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 31, p7
Focuses on the market performance of DuPont in 2004. Target earnings of the company; Plan of DuPont to reduce its share of sales from petroleum and biology-based products by 2007; Amount spent by the company on acquisitions from 2002 to 2004.
- Dow Chemical and DuPont Post Robust 2Q Results. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;8/2/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Dow Chemical Co. and E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. for the second quarter of 2004. Corporate profits; Expenses incurred in research and developments; Factors contributing to the positive financial results of both companies.
- Fourth-Quarter Sales Improve, But Earnings Crimped by Costs. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;3/24/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the improvement of the sales of several chemical companies for the fourth quarter of 2003. Implication of raw material costs on the earnings of the companies; Reason behind the growth of the revenue of DuPont; Increase in the net earnings of Dow Chemical in 2003; Factors that...
- Biggest Year. // Time;5/7/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 19, p91
The article reports on the increase in the number of American corporations with sales of more than 1 billion U.S. dollars a year in 1950. General Motors topped the list in sales as well as profits. Du Pont ranked 13th in sales but came fourth in profits. The article reveals that some companies...
- A Decade of DuPont Ratio Performance. HASKINS, MARK E. // Management Accounting Quarterly;Winter2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p24
The article offers insights from a study on DuPont and how its financial ratios have changed in the 21st century in the U.S. The results of the study provide indicators which are useful for financial benchmarking for companies that are operating in each industry group. The data also shows...