Cognis to hive off process unit
- Cognis expands German sterol ester plant. // Dairy Industries International;Dec2007, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the capacity expansion of the sterol ester production plant by global specialty chemicals supplier Cognis GmbH in Illertissen, Germany. It notes that the new facility will be used for the production of plant sterol esters and will enable production process for functional...
- Being different. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;3/1/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 8, p30
The article offers information on how Cognis GmbH has achieved sustainability in its business. Antonio Trius, chief executive officer (CEO) at Cognis informs that maintaining ecological, economic and social aspects in the firm is important for attaining its sustainability. It mentions that...
- Cognis 2009 results: strong earnings and cash flow Resilient, innovative product portfolio defies global downturn. // Paintindia;Mar2010, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p150
The article focuses on the financial performance of the global specialty chemicals supplier Cognis in 2009. The company saw a 7.8% decline in its sales volumes in the first half of the year. Its earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) rose by three million euros to 195 million euros. Chief...
- Burgundy buys botanical extracts business. // Food & Drink Technology;Mar2009, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that Burgundy Botanical Extracts has completed the deal of acquiring specialty chemicals supplier Cognis GmbH in France. It states that the decision of Cognis to sell the business is aimed at streamlining its portfolio in businesses, and bring competitive synergies in the...
- Cognis Transfers Oleochemicals Business to Malaysian JV. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/20/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 24, p17
Reports on the plan of Cognis to transfer its oleochemicals and derivatives business to Cognis Oleochemicals as of July 2005. Benefit of the deal for Cognis Oleochemicals; Annual sales of the company; Significance of the transaction.
- Rising on a natural high. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/25/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 25, p21
The article reports that Cognis is poised to divest its process chemical and oleochemical units and focus on the care sector after its spin-off from Henkel and a struggle to become profitable. Cognis regards itself as a leader in many niche markets. It is the major player in fatty alcohol,...
- Cognis PC now Pulcra Chemicals. // Chemical Fibers International;Aug2007, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p150
The article discusses news pertaining to the chemical fiber industry. In particular, the article addresses reorganization efforts pertaining to chemical company Cognis GmbH. According to the article, the Cognis Process Chemicals unit has changed its name to Pulcra Chemicals GmbH. The article...
- The European Cauldron: Chemical Industry CEOs Feel the Heat. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/29/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 13, p14
Reveals the views of chemical industry chief executive officers in Europe to market conditions, current as of March 29, 2004. Antonio Trius of Cognis; Armin Myer of Ciba Specialty Chemicals; Jurgen Hambrecht of BASF; Jean-Pierre Clamadiue of Rhodia.
- Cognis sells UV acrylates business to IGM Resins. // Colourage;Apr2010, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p111
The article reports on the sale of Cognis GmbH's ultraviolet (UV) acrylates business to IGM Resins BV.