TOP STORIES FROM ICIS news
- Oleos gone wild. de Guzman, Doris // ICIS Chemical Business;1/12/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 2, p20
The article presents a forecast for the oleochemical industry in the U.S. for 2009. There will be more consolidation as buyers might find interesting buying opportunities and the agroindustrial sector is seen to expand its participation in the country. The formation of the Sime Darby/PTT...
- Satorp phase 2 in the works. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/22/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 25, p6
The article looks at the Saudi Aramco oil company's move to expand into industrial processes beyond petroleum production, such as refining and petrochemicals, and reports on its Sadara Chemical Co. and Saudi Aramco Total Refining and Petrochemical Company (Satorp) joint ventures.
- APPROVAL FOR ARAMCO-DOW PETCHEMS JV EXPECTED SOON; IPO PLANNED. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;7/18/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 18, p7
The article reports on the expected implementation of a previously announced multibillion-dollar petrochemicals joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical in Saudi Arabia in July 2011.
- world newsbriefs. // Urethanes Technology;Oct/Nov2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p17
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of October 2004. Launch of an email news service by the journal "Rubber & Plastics News" for Chinese rubber product manufacturers; Acquisition of Kayaku Sartomer Co. Ltd. by global specialty chemicals manufacturer Sartomer Co. in Japan; Plans of...
- news In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/17/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 7, p4
Reports developments in the chemical industry as of February 2003. Joint venture between the Premium Ingredients Ltd. and Tianjin Zhonggjin USA LLC; Formation of Cotton State company by Monsanto company; Acquisition of Sun Chemical Corp. by Ciba Specialty Chemicals company.
- Sumitomo Plans Major Petchem JV with Aramco. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;5/19/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 17, p8
Reports on a refining and petroleum chemical joint venture between Sumitomo Chemical and Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia. Terms of the joint-venture; Description of the Aramco-Sumitomo complex; Information on the feedstocks that will be provided by Aramco; Forecast on the sales of the planned...
- Dow and Aramco sign deal. Hadhi, Abdul; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/21/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the establishment of a partnership agreement between Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical. The companies have signed a detailed memorandum of understanding to build, own and operate the Ras Tanura project in eastern Saudi Arabia. In a joint statement, the companies said they will...
- Sadara Highlights Chemicals Diversification in Mideast. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;11/28/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 29, p31
The article focuses on why Sadara, a 20 billion U.S.-dollar joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical at Jubail, Saudi Arabia, marks a milestone in the chemicals diversification in the Mideast market. It says that Sadara, which consists of 26 manufacturing units producing world-scale...
- ExxonMobil and Sinopec Sign Agreement for Fujian Project. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 43, p15
Reports the joint venture formed between ExxonMobil and Sinopec as of October 30, 2002, for a petrochemicals project in Fujian, China. Information on the petrochemicals project; Potential joint venture of the companies with Aramco.