- THE FUTURE OF RUNNING CONTINUES TO LOOK BRIGHT. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jul2014, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p26
The article reports on the trends in the sports clothing for the Spring 2014 in the U.S. IT is noted that while many vendors see a toning down and a cleaner approach than past years, color has taken over the running industry within the past several years. It is mentioned that citron has become a...
- OUTDOOR BALL REVIEW. // Volleyball (10584668);May2007, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p16
The article evaluates several volleyballs including the AVP Official Game Ball from Wilson, the Boss from Molten and the King of the Beach All Weather from Spalding.
- Busting Bogies, Baggin Birdies. // USA Today Magazine;Jul2010, Vol. 139 Issue 2782, p76
The article evaluates the VIP and Tourney M85i lines of golf clubs from MacGregor.
- The Winning Numbers. Powell, Matt // SGB;Mar2007, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p6
The article focuses on sporting goods and apparel retail sales in 2006. Women's performance footwear and apparel outperformed the fashion segment, showing an increase in sales when measured in dollars, though amounting for a similar number of units sold as the previous year, representing an...
- The Race Is On. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the competition between specialty store Super Jock 'n Jill and retail chain Road Runner Sports in the running gear industry in Seattle, Washington. Remarks from Jock 'n Jill store owner Chet James on why the store chose not to become a retail chain; Reasons behind the decision of...
- Active Pursuits. Bouchard, Nancy Prichard // SGB;Jan2009, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p48
The article reports on the sales performance of running and fitness apparel brands in the U.S. in 2009. It mentions that fitness and apparel manufacturers are tapping into consumers' desire to look good and feel good at affordable prices. Many companies have formulated strategic price structures...
- RUNNING APPAREL TRENDS. Boulbol, Scott // SGB;Jul2014, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on sports clothing trends for the Spring season in 2014 in the U.S. According to Jennifer Lee, lead designer for Performance Sportswear for Columbia, a key trend in clothing this spring sseasonis cooling apparel. It is mentioned that must-haves now in running apparel are sun...
- Sure Footing. Ryan, Thomas // SGB;Nov2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p28
Presents an interview with Jim Davis, chairman and CEO of New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc., about market share. Impact of the Adidas/Reebok merger on New Balance; Status of the running category; Approach of the company towards the women's running market.
- Salomon Raid LS Zip Tech-T. // National Geographic Adventure;Mar2006, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p44
The article presents information on the Salomon Raid LS Zip Tech-T shirts for trail running. The lack of stitching makes Salomon's long-sleeve Raid one of the most comfortable trail shirts one can sweat in.