PPR Makes Bid for Puma
- PPR Gains Control of Puma. Marsh, Emilie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 12, p2
The article reports on the acquisition of German activewear firm Puma by French retail and luxury company PPR. PPR has announced that it now owns a controlling stake of 62.1 percent of the German activewear giant. The deal, valuing Puma at 5.3 billion euros, or $7.3 billion at current exchange,...
- PPR Puts Growth Plan Into Action. Socha, Miles // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/15/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 103, p2
The article reports that PPR has launched its takeover offer for Puma AG on May 14, 2007. According to PPR Chairman and Chief Executive Officer FranÃ§ois-Henri Pinault, the international economic climate looks solid and promising, with emerging markets, a widening customer base for luxury and...
- Artemis increases stake in French PPR. Weisman, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/4/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 88, p4
Reports on the stake purchase of Artemis, the holding firm of Francois Pinault in French distribution firm Pinault-Printemps-Redoute SA. Percent increase; Assets controlled by Artemis.
- PPR completes buyout of Brylane. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/26/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 79, p6
Reports on Pinault-Printemps-Redoute SA's completion of its acquisition of American catalog company, Brylane Inc.
- Gucci shareholders meeting to vote on merger with PPR. Conti, Samantha; Raper, Sarah // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/8/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 5, p4
Reports on Gucci shareholders' plan to vote on the company's plan to merge with French retail group Pinault-Printemps-Redoute. Companies' desire to create a leading luxury goods conglomerate; Shareholders' plan to vote on plans to increase Gucci stock options.
- Puma Board Support Tender Offer by Subsidiary of PPR. // FN: Footwear News;5/28/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on the statement issued by the board of management and supervisory board of Puma AG which supports the tender offer initiated by Sapardis SA. The statement also explained the board's reasoning and calls the 330 euro pricetag fair, noting that it significantly exceeds the...
- PPR Takes Stake in Puma. Murphy, Robert; Marsh, Emilie // DNR: Daily News Record;4/16/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p11
The article reports on the $1. 87 billion purchase of a controlling stake in Puma AG by PPR, a French conglomerate that owns Gucci Group. PPR bought the 27. 1% share of the company from Mayfair, the private equity firm of German billionaires Gunter and Daniela Herz. The purchase price was equal...
- Puma In Deal For Cobra Golf. Marsh, Emilie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/29/2010, Vol. 199 Issue 66, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of Cobra Golf Inc. by Puma AG.
- ON DEADLINE. // FN: Footwear News;4/9/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 14, p2
This article offers new briefs concerning the footwear industry. Shares of German athletic footwear company Puma AG increased ten percent on talk that French-based PPR could be interested in acquiring it. The Adidas Group plans to close several distribution centers serving its Adidas and Reebok...