Changing of the Guard at New Balance
- An Outside Perspective. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Oct2007, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p20
An interview with Robert DeMartini, chief executive officer (CEO) of New Balance, is presented. When asked why he joined New Balance he responds that its track record and past successes made the job attractive to him. DeMartini comments on how having an outside perspective has helped the...
- Balancing Act. Beaudry, Jennifer Ernst // FN: Footwear News;6/16/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 23, p8
The article reports on the stellar efforts of chief executive officer (CEO) Robert DeMartini in the internal reorganization of the sales teams for New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc. in Boston, Massachusetts. It states that DeMartini made remarkable record in New Balance in just a year of service as...
- How New Balance is reinvigorating its brand to move away from its lifestyle image. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);10/13/2015, p1
The article focuses on the statement by sports apparel and equipment company New Balance's chief executive officer (CEO) Robert DeMartini on the need for a renewed focus on its performance business to help it become more relevant to younger consumers. Topics include the goal of New Balance to...
- New Balance ad campaign heralds the company's evolution. Parry, Caroline // Marketing Week;5/8/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p6
The article presents the advertising campaign spending of New Balance with the arrival of chief executive officer (CEO) Robert DeMartini. New Balance has taken a low-level approach to marketing using endorsements rather than the high profile sponsorships or television (TV) advertisements....
- Going the distance. // Corporate Citizen Magazine;Summer2013, Issue 9, p27
The article discusses the business and corporate citizenship strategy of U.S. athletic wear company New Balance. President and chief executive officer (CEO) Robert DeMartini noted that his company strives to be successful while clinging to its values. He stated that the commitment of New Balance...
- Why L'Oreal, Unilever and New Balance were looking for inspiration at CES. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);1/8/2016, p1
Information on the Consumer Electronics Show, a technology conference is presented. Various topics discussed in the conference includes technological innovation in product marketing industry, impact of technology on beauty industry and development of cutting-edge technologies. The event was...
- New balance shifts, puts cable in focus. Grimm, Matthew // Brandweek;1/10/94, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p9
Reports on New Balance's media strategy. Shift of emphasis to television advertising; Estimated economic impact on domestic retail sales; Market comparison with Nike and/or Reebok.
- RUN, MR. PRESIDENT, RUN. Reese, Jennifer // Fortune;3/8/1993, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p135
Reports on New Balance, a Boston company that makes the sneakers President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore have been seen jogging in. Impact on company's sales; Percentage of New Balance's work force that is minorities; Comments from CEO James Davis; More.
- New balance dons spot cable for classic comfort. // Brandweek;10/31/94, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p5
Reports on New Balance's spot cable television ad campaign for its athletic shoes.