The Next Big Thing
- Berlin Nike Town to premiere. Drier, Melissa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;04/02/99, Vol. 177 Issue 63, p13
No abstract available.
- Bowling Shop Opens. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p12
Reports that the Rusty J's Proshop bowling gear store has opened for business in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- NikeTown's invasion of London. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the opening of the Nike Town Store in London, England. Estimates of the store's construction cost; Description of the store's features.
- Scoring the winning design. Carlton, Rachel // Display & Design Ideas;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p18
Provides information on the design of the retail store of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. at the Mall in Robinson near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the design of the store; Techniques used in the design and construction of the store; Elements of the design.
- Sporting racks store racking up points with winning specialty sports focus. Monahan, Stefanie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;05/04/98, Issue 322298, p3
Profiles sporting racks retailer Rack N' Roll Sport Racks in Fresno, California. How store owner Bob Raus came up with the idea of selling sport racks; Utility of racks for holding bicycles, skis, canoes, kayaks, windsurf boards, surfboards and snow boards; Success of Raus in building a...
- NikeTown Turns on Spotlight. // Chain Store Age;Mar1999, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p132
Provides information on Honolulu, Hawaii-based NikeTown's lighting design. Description on the store; Features of the lighting in the circulation areas; Overview on specialty lighting.
- The Camp: adventures in shopping. Clark, Julie // Display & Design Ideas;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p6
Presents information on The Camp, an outdoor sports mall in Costa Mesa, California. Brands being marketed at the retail store as of October 2002; Features of the establishment.
- GSO names top shops. Pittman, Alan P. // Golf World;01/29/99, Vol. 52 Issue 25, p70
Lists the winners in the America's 00 Best Golf Shops competition conducted by the `Golf Shop Operations' magazine. Categories include private, resort and municipal; Winners include Bay Hill Club, Falcon's Fire Golf Club and Art Wilson Golf Shop.
- Philadelphia By The Numbers. // SGB;Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p22
Presents statistics about the sporting goods industry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Potential sporting goods sales in the market; Total number of sporting goods stores; Attendance at professional sports events in the city.