The MySpace Generation
- CARTOONS. // New York Times Upfront;2/20/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p34
Presents political cartoons and satire related to current events. Cartoon depicting Iran's enrichment of uranium for nuclear weapons; Effect of the digital revolution on human interaction; Role of U.S. President George W. Bush in domestic spying.
- Ask Inc. // Inc.;Oct2007, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p73
The article presents questions and answers related to online research and advertising, including using online communities like MySpace and Second Life to recruit people for surveys, and about an advertising campaign for the promotion of a new comedy club.
- Stevens goes to MySpace in US. // Media Week;8/19/2008, Issue 1174, p5
The article reports on the return to the U.S. of Jay Stevens, the British-based vice president of operations and sales for Europe at social network MySpace. Stevens will remain with MySpace in Los Angeles, California. Stevens played a major role in the establishment of MySpace in Great Britain...
- Online Communities: PR Exec ISO Friendship, New Business. // PR News;9/18/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 36, p1
The article discusses the benefits of online communities to the public relations sector in the U.S. It mentions several online communities such as Facebook and Myspace. Facebook serves as an open forum for protestors. A background information on News Feed, a service launched by Facebook that...
- Niche-targeted social networks find audiences. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;11/6/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 45, p15
The article discusses the increasing trend of social networking sites, like Myspace and Facebook, and the development of more specialized niche market social networking sites. As online social network's grow, analysts believe it will not hurt Myspace and Facebook, because people will visit both...
- SCHOLASTIC Junior ScholasticÂ® TEACHER'S GUIDE VOL. 117, NO. 6 DECEMBER 8, 2014. // Junior Scholastic (Teacher's Edition);12/8/2014, Vol. 117 Issue 6, pT-1
The article presents lesson plans for teaching current events to primary school students as of December 2014 including the debate about school lunches in the U.S., homeless youth in the U.S., and the fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany.
- The Potential Role of New Media in the Creation of Communities. GRADINARU, Camelia // Argumentum: Journal the Seminar of Discursive Logic, Argumentati;2011, Vol. 9, p137
This paper focuses on the problem of creation of communities through New Media. After having done a survey of New Media challenges and of some contemporary discussions on the concept of community, I concentrate on the framework for theorising the virtual communities. Some authors adopt a...
- Media, Diversity, and Negative Perceptions and Assumptions. Jimenez, Linda // Profiles in Diversity Journal;May/Jun2010, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p12
In the article, the author discusses the influences of media over the public. She states that the public put a great amount of trust in media where access to information about current events, education and entertainment are obtained. She argues that media can be helpful and can also be harmful...
- Comunidades virtuales en tiempos de flujos: el caso de Second Life. MÁRQUEZ, Israel V. // Cuadernos de InformaciÃ³n y ComunicaciÃ³n;2008, Vol. 13, p183
This article studies the new forms of emerging sociability in virtual communities that develop their activity in the context of what is called "society of flows". Online communities break the traditional sense of community by establishing a new regime based most of the times on the ephemeral and...