- GROWING GINSENG INTO A COMPOSTING BUSINESS. // BioCycle;Apr2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the establishment of the Hsu Greenhouse and Landscape Supply by Paul Hsu through the Hsu Ginseng Enterprises.
- Wisconsin's multimillion-dollar ginseng industry. Beckham, Sue Bridwell // Chinatown News;11/18/94, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p12
Addresses Wisconsin's successful ginseng industry. How the cultivation of ginseng is a well kept secret; How Wisconsin is one of the few states that don't have an export deficit; How there is little research on differences between successful and failed cultivation.
- The high risks and rewards of the ginseng growing industry. Beckham, Sue Bridwell // Chinatown News;12/18/94, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p11
Part II. Discusses several aspects of the ginseng growing industry. Cost of unsanged land; How ginseng growing is speculative; How expensive seeds are.
- World ginseng conference. // Chinatown News;7/18/94, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p22
Comments on the International Ginseng Conference held in Vancouver on July 17-20, 1994. Growth of ginseng plant in global stature; Number of international marketers, officials and others attending the gathering; Diverse programs that are planned.
- Age old herb sells in many forms. Farrell, Molly // In Business;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p32
Focuses on ginseng root, one of the hottest herbs on the market in the mid-1990s. Value of the industry as a results of ginseng; Its reputation; Figures for import and export relating to ginseng in 1996; Pioneers in the ginseng business; Details on the cultivation and growth of the root. ...
- The ginseng generation. Taylor, Barbara // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Aug94, Vol. 19 Issue 117, p24
Profiles the ginseng plant and its commercial cultivation in Canada. Medicinal properties of ginseng; Canadian Ginseng Foundation as promoter for ginseng research; Bulk of export sales to Hong Kong and China; Difference between American and Asian ginseng; Growing conditions; Seed sources;...
- `Sanging out' the land. Beckham, Sue Bridwell // World & I;Oct94, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p244
Profiles the ginseng industry in Wisconsin. Wisconsin's trade mission to China; History of ginseng cultivation; Risks and benefits of ginseng cultivation in Wisconsin; Contributions of the Wisconsin Ginseng Growers Association to the industry.
- Root of success. Schreiner, John; Herger, Bob // Canadian Geographic;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p42
Features the Ginseng industry in British Columbia. Regard for Ginseng as a cure-all in Asia; Simulation of an Asian forest; John Latta, founder of Chai-Na-Ta Corp.; Ray Dunsdon, president of a provincial ginseng growers association; Practice of not replanting land used to grow ginseng.
- East meets Midwest. Salomon, Jennifer // Natural Health;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p21
Presents information on the production of panax ginseng in Marathon County, Wisconsin, with emphasis on the fact that the county produces more panax ginseng that any other part of the United States. Number of registered growers in Marathon County; How much the growers increased between 1991 and...