Intragroup accounts of teenage motherhood: A community based psychological perspective
- Teens pregnancies & adoption. // Children Today;Nov/Dec84, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p24
A group of studies examining the percentage of unmarried mothers placing their babies for adoption reveals a trend: a sharp and steady decrease over the last 20 years in the number of adolescents who place their children for adoption. The reasons why young women become pregnant are related to...
- Teenage mothers. // Children Today;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p16
Some 80% of teenage mothers do not graduate from high school. This is a statistic that the Adolescent Parenting Program aims to reduce among adolescent mothers in Fairfax County, Va. Article discusses this program.
- Residential program serves pregnant teens and young mothers in Iowa. Saunders, E.J. // Children Today;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
Describes the Adolescent Pregnancy Program of Central Iowa, a residential-based program providing counseling and training for homeless pregnant teens. Program helps by providing a safe environment, offering services on site, and networking with all other community agencies; Article profiles the...
- `Best Friends' program helps adolescent girls avoid pregnancy. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p594
Reveals that a school-based program for adolescent girls at risk of early sexual activity will be started at four schools in the US. Funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; The Best Friends Program; Counseling and mentoring; Establisment of the program by the Georgetown University...
- Nike-footed health workers deal with the problems of adolescent pregnancy. Perino, Shelley Saldari // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p208
Focuses on the Nike-Footed Health Worker Project (NFHW), which attempts to prevent repeat teenage pregnancy, improve birth outcomes to teen mothers and build adolescent parenting skills; Statistics on teenage pregnancy; Project objectives; Addressing the client's concerns about abortion,...
- Problems of teenage pregnancy. // Psychology Today;Oct86, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p22
Two articles focus on the problem of teenage pregnancy. A psychologist explodes some sex-education myths and coaches parents on discussing sex. A look at why teenagers, in increasing numbers, jeopardize their futures by becoming pregnant.
- Adolescent pregnancy in the south. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Fall97, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p27
Presents information on a report by the Southern Regional Project on Infant Mortality on teenage pregnancy in the United States. Details on the report; Information on the number of teen pregnancies per 1000 in the south; Identification of the difference between the expenditure on prevention of...
- The experience of teenage pregnancy in Knoppieslaagte. de Visser, Janneke; le Roux, Tessa // South African Journal of Sociology;Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p98
Investigates the experience of teenage pregnancy and parenthood by 27 mothers in Knoppieslaagte, located south of Pretoria, the capital of South Africa. Concern among international health professionals on the level of teenage pregnancy in the state; Teenage pregnancy seen as a major biological,...
- Perceptions of pregnant/parenting teens: Reframing issues for an integrated approach to ... Clymo, Philippa // Youth Studies Australia;Mar1996, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p60
Presents an abstract of the article `Perceptions of pregnant/parenting teens: Reframing issues for an integrated approach to pregnancy problems,' by C. Rodriguez and N. Moore, which appeared in the American periodical `Adolescence.'