Intragroup accounts of teenage motherhood: A community based psychological perspective
Tags: TEENAGE pregnancy
- Teenage Pregnancy: 'Having a Baby Won't Affect Me that Much.' Spear, Hila J. // Pediatric Nursing;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p574
Provides information on a study which explored the experience of pregnancy from the perspectives of female adolescents. How the study was conducted; Results and discussion; Implications for practice and research.
- The price of teen pregnancy. Figura, Susannah Zak // AHA News;10/13/97, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p7
Focuses on the health care costs of teenage pregnancies in the United States. Declining teen pregnancy rates; Increasing number of adolescents; Importance of preventive health efforts; Cooperation among hospitals and community groups; New requirements designed to reduce teen pregnancies.
- Teens pregnancies & adoption. // Children Today;Nov/Dec84, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p24
A group of studies examining the percentage of unmarried mothers placing their babies for adoption reveals a trend: a sharp and steady decrease over the last 20 years in the number of adolescents who place their children for adoption. The reasons why young women become pregnant are related to...
- Teenage mothers. // Children Today;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p16
Some 80% of teenage mothers do not graduate from high school. This is a statistic that the Adolescent Parenting Program aims to reduce among adolescent mothers in Fairfax County, Va. Article discusses this program.
- Residential program serves pregnant teens and young mothers in Iowa. Saunders, E.J. // Children Today;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
Describes the Adolescent Pregnancy Program of Central Iowa, a residential-based program providing counseling and training for homeless pregnant teens. Program helps by providing a safe environment, offering services on site, and networking with all other community agencies; Article profiles the...
- `Best Friends' program helps adolescent girls avoid pregnancy. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p594
Reveals that a school-based program for adolescent girls at risk of early sexual activity will be started at four schools in the US. Funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; The Best Friends Program; Counseling and mentoring; Establisment of the program by the Georgetown University...
- Nike-footed health workers deal with the problems of adolescent pregnancy. Perino, Shelley Saldari // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p208
Focuses on the Nike-Footed Health Worker Project (NFHW), which attempts to prevent repeat teenage pregnancy, improve birth outcomes to teen mothers and build adolescent parenting skills; Statistics on teenage pregnancy; Project objectives; Addressing the client's concerns about abortion,...
- Problems of teenage pregnancy. // Psychology Today;Oct86, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p22
Two articles focus on the problem of teenage pregnancy. A psychologist explodes some sex-education myths and coaches parents on discussing sex. A look at why teenagers, in increasing numbers, jeopardize their futures by becoming pregnant.
- DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HISTORY. // Psychology Today;Jan92, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p22
Reports on a study by Helen Rauch-Elnekave on the relationship of teenage pregnancy and school. Early motherhood gives underachieving girls something to be proud of; Details of study; Results.