PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- ANGA: European Pulse. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p39
The article reviews the exhibition "ANGA Cable Show" in Cologne, Germany on May 27-29, 2008.
- Speaking To the Youngest Latino Viewers. Clemens, Luis // Multichannel News;8/21/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p26
The article states that less attention is paid to what Latino children under 12 are watching. Twenty percent of all children in the U.S. under 5 years old are Hispanic, according to the Census Bureau. Yet, only two Spanish-language cable networks for children are available namely Sorpresa! and...
- Registered MSOs for DAS areas touch 275 mark; cancellations total 29. // Indiantelevision.com;7/13/2015, p9
The article reports that the total number of registered multi-system operators (MSO) across India has reached 275, in which 60 of them have given provisional registration. Topics covered include the MSO licenses that were cancelled including Kal Cables, the MSO that were given permanent...
- NCTA Heaps Scorn on FCC's Carriage Plan. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p2
The article reports on the rejection of a proposal by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide cable-carriage guarantees to certain local television stations in early 2009 in the U.S. The National Cable & Telecommunications Association, leader of the cable industry's largest trade...
- SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2010. // CED;Oct2010, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p40
The article offers information on the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2010 to be held in New Orleans on October 20 to 22, 2010.
- Zaslav's Discovery Quest. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/10/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 44, p3
The article offers information on the annual Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) convention that will be held in Boston, Massachusetts, on November 9-11, 2008.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/14/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p15
A calendar of events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. in April 2014 is presented which includes the Cable Show 2014, WICT Signature Luncheon, and Multicultural Breakfast at The Cable Show.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p28
Several photographs of the Cable Show booth in New Orleans are presented, along with highlights of the festivities.
- Calendar. // Multichannel News;10/24/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p22
A calendar of cable and broadcasting industry-related events in the U.S. from October 26-December 1, 2011 is presented which includes the 2011 Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame in Waldorf-Astoria, New York City, the Society of Cable & Telecommunications Engineers 2011 Cabel-Tec Exposition at the...