OCAP GETS MORE TANGIBLE
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- Bullpen: The Fast Track to Innovation? Better Activations. Bourque, Stephane // Communications Technology;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the deployment of universal service activation operational system without replacing the existing operations support systems (OSS) in the cable television industry of the U.S. The development of new television and marketing model is stated to create an urgent need for...
- Network DVR: Nice try. B. R. S. // CED;Dec2007, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p34
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. in the U.S. has introduced an approach called "remote storage digital video recorder (DVR)," a service that gives cable subscribers the ability to record and time-shift shows using existing digital set-top boxes. It is asserted that from the...
- Cable TV Loses Ground. // TV Technology;1/5/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on data from TVB.org which found that wired-cable penetration of American television (TV) households has declined as consumers tend to shift to alternative delivery systems.
- Fees to Pay Bill Over Phone Are Common, Even in Cable. // Multichannel News;1/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the issue concerning fees for payments online or over the phone which has become a standard practice among telecommunications providers including cable companies.
- Fate, and the Flip of a Coin. STEINERT-THRELKELD, TOM // Multichannel News;2/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p38
The author reflects on the state of small cable television system operators in the U.S. He noted that these operators in the nation face many challenges especially that they do not know whether they will change the business or just totally get out of it. Their stability is confronted by the...
- Why Bundling Doesn't Work Anymore. GRIMES, WARREN // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p41
In this article, the author comments on the declining trend in the American Cable television companies' subscribers base and suggests that viewers ,in the U.S., are relying more on internet streaming as a source for video programming.
- Internet Saves Cable. GRASER, MARC // Variety;3/24/2015, Vol. 337 Issue 8, p25
The article presents statistics on U.S. cable and satellite television as of the fourth quarter of 2014 compared with pay television and Internet services.
- MAKING CONTENT IN 3D. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p20
The article reports on the significance of producing television (TV) content in three-dimensional (3D) structure and its impact on how customers perceive the 3D television equation.