Local Officials: We Can Help
- The secret to municipal broadband success. Howard, Tara // America's Network;Mar2006, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on the need for the public sector to develop partnerships with the public sector in order to bring affordable and high-speed broadband access in the U.S. EarthLink Inc., a private sector company, has worked with municipalities to build a broadband network. Rural communities,...
- Panelist: Lack of Understanding May Limit California P3 Progress. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/31/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32745, p31
The article reports on the panel discussion concerning the impact of misunderstanding the concept of public-private partnerships on the economic development of California. A panelist explains the role of the concept in solving the funding problems of the state. The individual suggests lowering...
- The rewards of rural training in the Scottish Highlands. Nasir, Syed // Occupational Medicine;Oct2013, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p478
No abstract available.
- Engaging the Private Sector in Local Homeland Defense: The Orange County Private Sector Terrorism Response Group. Fleischman, Jon // Sheriff;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p33
Provides some insights into the partnership between the private sector and local homeland defense agencies in the prevention of terrorism focusing on developments in Orange County, California. Threats of terrorism; Emergency preparedness and response; Homeland security policies.
- Rundown on the Awards. Hellowell, Mark // Public Private Finance;Jun2003, Issue 74, p23
Forty-two partnership projects have been short listed by judges of the Public Private Finance Awards 2003, to be held in London, England on June 11, 2003. Projects are drawn from all major sectors in the public private partnership (PPP) industry, including health, education, transport and...
- ZTE UK and Gigaclear deliver broadband to rural communities. // Fiber Optics & Communications;Dec2011, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p11
The article reports that telecommunications company ZTE Corp. has formed a partnership with Gigaclear Ltd. to provide high-speed broadband services to rural communities in Great Britain. Under the agreement, ZTE will provide Gigaclear with core network equipment for delivering broadband through...
- Inmarsat Hopes Governments Take Note of Brazil Project. // Satellite News;7/16/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p2
The article reports on a partnership forged by Inmarsat with Instituto Ilhas do Brasil or the Institute of Brazilian Islands to bring satellite-based communications to the most isolated offshore communities in Brazil. Inmarsat plans to highlight the impact of its Broadband Global Area Network...
- The Impact of PPIs in the Development of Broadband and the Way Forward: Ghana's Case. WILLIAMS, Idongesit; ADJIN, Daniel M. O.; TSIVOR, Kenneth K. // Communications & Strategies;2013 3rd Quarter, Issue 91, p81
Telecom infrastructure development has been enabled greatly by different forms of collaborations or synergies between the public and the private sector. These synergies in most cases are exigent measures employed to enable the diffusion of telecom infrastructure into underserved and un-served...
- Rural access improves. // European Telecom;May2014, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the remarkable improvement in fixed broadband coverage in rural areas in European Union member states from 2011 to 2013.