Food to Sate Kids' Hunger
- SAFE AND INFORMED IN AUSTIN. Curry, Sheree R. // Television Week;7/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p12
Presents an update on several television networks in Austin, Texas as of July 7, 2003. Terms of a deal between KVUE-TV and the 'Texas Monthly' magazine; Information on a public-service program of KVUE-TV; Features of the 'Safe Family' program of KEYE-TV; Increase in the television revenues for...
- GreedyTV.org targets stations. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;09/18/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 39, p6
Announces the launch of the Web site, GreedyTV.org. Anticipation of a profitable year for broadcasters in the United States in 2000; Expected revenues from political advertisements; Alliance for Better Campaigns executive director Paul Taylor's urging of broadcasters to provide free airtime to...
- Sinclair Cancels Shows. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;3/18/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the cancellation of public affairs television programs of the station WCWB by the company Sinclair Broadcasting Group in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Schedule of the cancelled programs; Ratings of the programs in January and February 2002.
- Helping Out, From Coast to Coast. Miller, Stuart // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 25, p12
The article reports on several television networks and stations that represent the best media that serve their communities. They include the ABC Broadcasting Group affiliate WFAA-TV that has earned a Peabody Award for its investigative journalism, the division of Charter Communications that has...
- News Critics, Newsworkers And Local Television News. Smith, Conrad // Journalism Quarterly;Summer88, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p341
Presents a survey of reporters, producers and news directors at network affiliated television stations on television news. Comparison between print media and television news; Ratings of local television news for its coverage of politics and public affairs; Improvement of journalism.
- Television: the local picture. Harrison, Bernie; Williams, Bob; Berkovitz, Anne Stern; Allen, Jack; Coffey, Jerry // Columbia Journalism Review;Winter1965, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p37
This article appraises the news and public-affairs presentations of several major U.S. television stations. The television stations appraised in this article are: WRC-TV, Washington, D. C.; WNEW-TV, New York; KTLA-TV, Los Angeles, California; WBEN-TV, Buffalo, New York City; and WFAA-TV,...
- WTTG. S. M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 26, p28
Presents information on the annual Stuff the Truck campaign from television station WTTG Washington. Mission of the campaign; Increase in food donations from 2003 to 2004; Impact of the project on the station.
- Regulators. Stern, Christopher // Variety;11/09/98, Vol. 372 Issue 13, p23
Presents news briefs concerning government regulation on television in the United States (US). Impact of the predicted increase of 15 to 20 Republicans in the US House; Importance of the issue for CBS Inc. and American Broadcasting Co.; Lack of public interest programming requirements on the...
- COLUMN ONE. // Education Week;12/16/1992, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on developments related to education in the U.S. The Principals' Public Relations Network is producing a series of television public service announcements ob the significance of school administrators. Five members of the Osceola Classroom Teachers' Association has formed a...