Cable Tactic: Skip Ad-Skipping
- What's Keeping Cable Network Execs Up at Night. Guthrie, Marisa // Broadcasting & Cable;3/30/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 13, p12
The article discusses the current situation of cable and cable executives. According to the author, executives should maintain their performance even though the advertising industry suffered a deflation of their operations. Despite the economic slowdown, cable networks continue to succeed due to...
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.
- A Seat at the Table. Haire, Thomas // Response;May2009, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p26
The article reports on the initiative of several executives Stephen Appel, Michael Finn and Jeff Lucas to implement brand advertising strategies in the U.S. cable television industry in 2009. According to the author, the move was made due to the global economic crises which affected greatly the...
- Liao: Watch Out for Disruptive Tech. // Multichannel News;10/24/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p12
An interview with chief executive officer (CEO) Paul Liao of CableLabs is presented. He states that personal reasons have made him decide to leave the company. He enumerates his biggest accomplishment at CableLabs including the presence of cable industry in San Francisco Bay area, the emergence...
- Upfront May Pump Up Volume. Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the estimated increase in the portion of cable industry in the advertisement-sales auction by at least 15% in 2011, which will bring a total volume of 9.4 billion dollars on advertising commitments.
- TWC picks OpenTV's ad management platform. // CED;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the selection of OpenTV's advertising campaign management platform by Time Warner Cable (TWC) Inc. in the U.S. It states that TWC plans to deploy the campaign management platform throughout its regional operating centers in the country. TWC will be using OpenTV's...
- Looking Out for the Little Guy. // Multichannel News;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p35
In this article the author discusses the American Cable Association (ACA) Summit in Washington, D.C. on April 18, 2011 wherein she looks forward on the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act that was received by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from the U.S....
- Revolt Helps Delay Nielsen Ad Ratings. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p41
The article reports on the postponement of releasing television commercial ratings by Nielsen Media Research in the U.S. As part of the revolt against cable industry, Nielsen has delayed to release average commercial minute ratings. Nielsen claimed on the need for additional discussion with...