Political Ad Problems
- Politics in the Pub debates Qld Labor thrashing. Black, Selena // Green Left Weekly;5/30/2012, Issue 924, p4
The article discusses a meeting on political campaign organised by Politics in the Pub, a local group that was held in Cairns, Queensland on May 23, 2012.
- From the CEOâ€¦. Hennessy, Mike // Politics (Campaigns & Elections);Jul2009, Issue 281, p8
The author commends the efforts of the staff of "Campaigns & Elections," for the success of the "Art of Political Campaigning" conference in Washington.
- Is negative campaigning the future for US politics? Cowen, Matthew // Campaign;08/11/2000, Issue 32, p23
Focuses on the political advertisements in the United States. Significance of advertisements in politics; History of political advertisements from 1952 to 1996; Loss in quality and content of the advertisements; Utilization of negative and attack advertising; Characteristics of the political...
- Going negative does not always mean getting ahead in elections. Abbe, Owen G.; Herrnson, Paul S. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p77
States that a negative political advertising campaign does not improve electoral performance, according to a survey of 1998 United States House general election candidates and campaign aides. Description of negative campaigns; Professionalism of the campaign organizations; Factors which...
- Producing Negative Ads: Consultant Survey. Kolodny, Robin; Thurber, James A.; Dulio, David A. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Aug2000, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p56
Offers a look at the concept of negative advertising and its effects on modern-day campaigning. Use of the term negative advertising; Classification of political advertising; Complaints on negative advertising.
- Writing Better Scripts for Television Ads. Hendrix, Susan // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Aug2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p44
Presents tips on writing better political television scripts in the U.S. Elements of a quality script; Concept of capturing the true essence of the candidate; Importance of delivering a clear and concise message.
- Stretching the Truth. Wishnia, Steven // Junior Scholastic;11/3/2008, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p8
The article explores the effectiveness of campaign ads even when they are not true and offers some techniques on how voters should examine ads before the U.S. presidential election.
- The Zest to Serve and the Opportunity to Engage. Churchill, Allen // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Sep2001, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p26
Discusses the conclusions about the political campaign process that were reached after conducting a poll of politicians. Survey respondents' view on personal attacks on opponents; Why many pre-election issues are different than post-election issues; Failure of the news media to adequately cover...
- Political Advertising. // California Law Review;Nov68, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p1659
Focuses on issues relevant to political advertising in California raised by the case, 'Wirta v. Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District.' Background of the case; Policy of accepting noncontroversial commercial messages; Expansion of the concept of the public forum.