More Networks Jump Into The High-Definition Fray
- EchoStar To Offer CBS HDTV To Eligible Subs. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/23/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p4
Reports the launch of CBS HD television channels of Echostar Communication in Littleton, Colorado. Demonstration of CBS during the Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association convention; Subscription of local channel package; Features of HDTV programming.
- More On DirecTV. // CableFAX Daily;2/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the plan of DirecTV to increase the number of its cable subscribers in the U.S. by 2008. Estimated number of high definition channels to be offered by the company by 2007.
- HDTV model station kicks off. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p17
Reports on WHD-TV Washington's transmission of a segment of `Lawrence of Arabia' to monitors at host station WRC-TV. Delivery of a live high-definition coverage of the station's dedication; Attendees; Comments from broadcasting executives.
- National deals scrambling local TV market. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/12/99, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p5A
Focuses on the introduction of high definition television (HDTV) to the mass market in Indiana. Leadership of the WTHR television station in offering HDTV; Deals among national television networks and electronic companies for the joint offering of HDTV to the local market.
- Nets increase HDTV output. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;10/8/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 42, p36
Reports the increase of high definition television (HDTV) output of sports and entertainment from TV networks in the United States. Broadcasting of a 16-hour schedule a week from HDNET via satellite; Entry of TV network ABC into the HD fad; Inaccessibility of HDTV programming.
- New wave Euro HD. West, Janet // TVB Europe;Feb2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the development of Euro 1080, the first high definition television in Europe. Provision of a variety of program genres; Date of the targeted operation schedule; Source of finances.
- WETA-TV to build HDTV station. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;4/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p60
Reports on WETA-TV Washington's announcement to build a high definition television (HDTV) broadcast station by the middle of 1998. Replacement of analog plant; Details on station's participation in HDTV broadcast in 1992; Names of other persons who proposed experimental HDTV stations; Comments...
- WXYZ begins a new era with HD. Doback, Michael // Broadcast Engineering;Dec98, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p58
Reports on the high definition television (HDTV) technology used in Detroit, Michigan-based WXYZ television station. Infrastructure support for HDTV and multichannel operations; Phases of the conversion process; Functional block diagram developed for the desired system; Equipment selection;...
- Getting HD from there to air. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p6
Reports on difficulties encountered by KOMO-TV of Seattle, Washington, in getting high definition television (HDTV) footage from the field and on the air. Use of a portable HDW700A camcorder to gather news as impractical; Ways in which engineering staff used high-definition camera work;...