Fright Channel Eyes July Launch
- OTHER PLAYERS EYE GENRE. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p9
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal to create a horror cable television channel in the U.S. The joint venture Comcast-Sony Networks may serve as the vehicle for starting a cable channel. According to NBC Universal Cable Entertainment spokeswoman Jennifer Skorlich,...
- Cable outlets seeking to score with horror. Dempsey, John // Variety;4/23/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 10, p15
The article focuses on the efforts of television networks such as NBC Universal, Comcast Corp., and Cablevision to find fresh outlets for horror programming. NBC Universal has launched "Chiller," a digital-cable network that shows scary movies and television shows. FearNet, launched by Comcast,...
- Time Warner moving ahead to big battle satellite TV. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/3/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p1
Discusses the plan of Time Warner Cable to launch a 24-hour news channel in 2002. Background on the company; Information on the company's studio in Syracuse, New York; Details on the hiring plans of the company.
- Call pitfalls? Cablers, webs debate ads' value. Diuguid, Carol // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the debate between cable operators and cable television stations concerning advertisements urging subscribers to call their cable provider to include certain television networks. Cable operators' claim that the ads create a false demand for the channels; Networks' claims concerning...
- SBS files to fill Swiss TV holes. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;07/13/98, Vol. 371 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the application of Scandinavian Broadcasting System (SBS) to launch a German-language cable channel in Switzerland. Information on the cable channel launched; Joint-venture plans of SBS with TA-Media Group; Synergy targets of SBS in television advertising.
- Cable out-rates networks in prime. // MediaWeek;10/9/95, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p3
Reports that prime time ratings of cable networks in the United States surged higher than television networks in the third quarter of 1995.
- TV stations and cable systems agree. Rodriguez, Sandra D. // Caribbean Business;10/7/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p44
Reports on the agreement between cable television systems and television stations operating in Puerto Rico regarding stations' request for compensation for the right to broadcast their signal. Effect of the United States' congressional approval of the Cable Television Consumer Protection and...
- Thankful for campaign season. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p33
Reports on business prospects of various cable networks in Quincy, Illinois and Hannibal in Missouri and Keokuk in Iowa for the year 2002. Percentage reduction in revenue from 2000 to 2001; Business empire of television station WGEM-TV owner Quincy Newspapers.
- Programmers stake out space on digital tiers. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p22
Reports the launching of specialized digital channels by cable television companies the United States. Strategy of Discovery Digital Networks; Digital channels of A&E Television Networks; Contents of the HBO/MaxPAk multipackage by HBO/Cinamax.