'NO TIME FRAME' TO REPLACE CEO AS HBO ROLLS ON
- TIME FOR CHANGE. Siklos, Richard; Mehta, Stephanie N. // Fortune;10/1/2007, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p153
The article discusses Dick Parsons, chief executive officer of Time Warner. Parsons' contract with Time Warner expires in May 2008, when he will be replaced by Time Warner president Jeffrey Bewkes. Time Warner's position as the biggest media company on the planet is noted. The falling stock...
- FULL NELSON FOR HBO. Zeitchik, Steven; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;6/6/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the promotion of five executives at Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) by Time Warner, to replace Chris Albrecht. All five executives came from outside the programming area which includes Bill Nelson as chairman-chief executive officer, Richard Plepler in top programming in New...
- Bewkes takes charge at HBO. Battaglio, Stephen; Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;5/4/95, Vol. 337 Issue 6, p6
Reports that Jeffrey Bewkes is the new chief executive officer (CEO) of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO). Departure of former HBO chairman to become the new Warner Music head; HBO's financial performance for 1994; Changes in the company's strategic direction with Bewkes as new head.
- HBO gets a new CEO. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/8/95, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the appointment of Jeff Bewkes as chief executive officer of HBO. Michael Fuchs as former chief executive; Status of HBO operations; Need to develop skills in nurturing HBO's relationships with Hollywood studios and talent.
- Net still growing strong. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;11/03/97, Vol. 368 Issue 13, p35
Focuses on developments related to Home Box Office (HBO) as of November 3, 1997. HBO's achievements during its 25 years of operations; Global expansion; Expansion of subscriber base; Establishment of the HBO brand; Chief executive officer Jeff Bewkes' future expansion plans for the company.
- WHAT A TIME INC. SPIN-OFF MIGHT LOOK LIKE. Mickey, Bill // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Dec2007, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p10
The article assesses the outcome of the spin-off of Time Inc. in 2008. In the third quarter, a $25 million gain in advertising revenues came mostly from digital growth from People. com and CNNMoney.com, but this was offset by an actual year-over-year loss from print revenues. This lackluster...
- VOLUME CONTROL. // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p30
Considers the views of several industry executives on the state of the U.S. cable and telecommunication industry, as of April 17, 2006. Richard Parsons; Jeff Bewkes; Michael Willner.
- BEWKES UP, PARSONS IS DOWN. // Multichannel News;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p24
The article reports on the compensation received by Time Warner Inc. Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Bewkes and Chairman Richard Parsons in 2007. According to the company's proxy statement filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on March 21, 2008, Bewkes received $19.6 million in...
- Bewkes Scheduled To Give Keynote At SkyFORUM. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p25
Profiles Jeff Bewkes, chairman of the Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. and keynote speaker at the Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Associations (SBCA) SkyFORUM financial satellite symposium. Career highlights; Contributions in the broadcasting industry; Discussion on the financial growth of HBO.