Assault Cases Oust HBO Chief
- Know When to Walk Away. Steiner-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;5/14/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p26
The author reflects on the dismissal of Chris Albrecht as chief executive officer (CEO) of Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. after arrested for alleged domestic assault in Las Vegas, Nevada. The author believes that Time Warner Cable Inc., parent company of HBO lost an executive who has shown how to...
- 'Creative' Albrecht Moves Up at HBO. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p50
Reports the promotion of Chris Albrecht to the position of chairman and chief executive officer of Home Box Office in the U.S. Job responsibility; Achievements of Albrecht; Career history.
- RUSH TO JUDGMENT. Zeitchik, Steven // Variety;5/14/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 13, p4
The author questions if Chris Albrecht was treated fairly when he was fired by Home Box Office Inc. three days after he allegedly assaulted another person outside the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. One possible reason mentioned for Albrecht being fired so quickly was executives may have wanted...
- CRISIS CONTROL. ZEITCHIK, STEVEN // Daily Variety;5/9/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that Chris Albrecht, chief executive officer of HBO, has filed a sudden leave of absence. Albrecht was arrested in Las Vegas, Nevada. He has been struggling with alcoholism. He was allegedly involved in a physical altercation with his girlfriend. HBO chief operating officer...
- HBO ups Albrecht. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/22/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 9, p42
Reports on the promotion of Chris Albrecht as chairman and chief executive officer of HBO in July 2002. Number of years spent by Albrecht at the television network; Reason for the importance of original programming on HBO; Profits posted by the network in 2001; Executives who are considered for...
- HBO Closes on CEO -- From Inside. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p3
The article reports that a new chief executive officer (CEO) for Home Box Office (HBO) can be appointed in as early as June 2007. Market analysts expect the new HBO CEO, who will replace former chief executive Chris Albrecht, to be an executive within the cable television company's ranks. The...
- HBO's Albrecht: Theatricals Still Rule. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p66
Reports that Home Box Office Inc.'s chairman and chief executive officer Chris Albrecht has attributed the channel's success to its theatrical movies. Role of movies in retention of viewers; Significant distribution deals of the network; Plans of the network to introduce two series of programs.
- HBO's Albrecht steps down in wake of Las Vegas arrest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/15/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 30, p68
The article reports that Chris Albrecht is resigning as chairman and chief executive officer of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO). Bill Nelson, HBO chief operating officer, will take over Albrecht's duties on an interim basis. Albrecht's departure came a day after he disclosed in an internal memo that...
- Bigscreen ambitions. Dunkley, Cathy // Variety;8/25/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 2, pA20
Focuses on the motion pictures from HBO Films to go theatrical as of August 2003. Information on the theatrical release of several films; Budget allotted by the company for each movie; Remarks from HBO chairman chief executive officer Chris Albrecht.