School Specialty Plans Reorganization
- MHC Sells Kids' Retail Unit to School Specialty. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p97
Reports on the sale by McGraw-Hill Cos. of the M-H Children's Publishing unit to School Specialty Inc., as of January 2004. Terms of the agreement; Importance of the acquisition for School Specialty; Background information on the companies.
- VIDEO PRODUCTION FUNDAMENTALS. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Dec2007, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p21
The article presents advice from Guy Nouri, CEO of Dragonfly, an online video networking company, to publishers planning to launch video productions. First, work closely with your editors so they are ready with all of their questions. Next, do the least amount of information necessary. He...
- Coming Up at School Specialty... // Educational Marketer;5/06/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p8
The article presents the activities within School Specialty Inc. in the U.S., including the filing of its reorganization plan, court hearing and the coming out from the voluntary bankruptcy proceedings.
- Green light for Blue Book. // Onfilm;Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
This article reports on the publication of "Blue Book," a guide to standard work practices for film and video production crews. The Film and Video Technicians Guild and SPADA negotiated and contributed to the creation of the guide. The publication of the new book was attributed to SPADA CEO Jane...
- WSJ: Moving From Print to Multimedia Producer. SPRINGMANN, CHRISTOPHER // Radio World;6/18/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 16, p24
The article focuses on the expansion of the newspaper "Wall Street Journal's" (WSJ) services other than its print service like website, video production and radio program. It discusses the experience of John Wardrock, executive director of WSJ, of starting his work at the age of 17 as a sports...
- Court gives Golden Books final approval of reorganization plan. // Book Publishing Report;09/06/99, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the United States Bankruptcy Court's approval of the reorganization plan of publishing company Golden Books.
- Elegant Solutions. Sargent, Stefan // DV: Digital Video;Feb2007, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p24
The article discusses the author's experience in looking for elegant solutions, pulling clean keys from HDV and using iChat in pro video production. The author also recalls his assignment working with Burton Goldberg, a real estate developer, movie producer and published books and magazine...
- School Specialty Benefits From Science Adoptions. // Educational Marketer;11/26/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the impact that Full Option Science System (FOSS) curricula has on the development of School Specialty Publishing in the U.S. The author states that the rise in demand for specialty science publishing positively impacted the company's specialty segment, which increased in...
- School Specialty Secures New Credit Facility, Names Board Chair. // Educational Marketer;3/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the changes in the management at School Specialty Inc. in Greenville, Wisconsin last February 2006. The company took a new credit facility with the intention to use its proceeds to satisfy company objectives in both financial and corporate purposes and secured new set of...