- Unity and the Ipu. Yamada, Karlie // Teen Ink;Jan2016, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p27
The article discusses the ways the hula dance personifies Hawaiian culture.
- I.--THE HULA. EMERSON, NATHANIEL B. // Unwritten Literature of Hawaii: The Sacred Songs of the Hula;1/1/1909, p5
The article discusses the study of Hawaiian hula and its songs. It notes that hula was a religious service under the forms of the expressions of dramatic art. It mentions that this Hawaiian tradition involves special education and arduous training in song and dance as well as poetry, music and...
- III.--THE GODS OF THE HULA. EMERSON, NATHANIEL B. // Unwritten Literature of Hawaii: The Sacred Songs of the Hula;1/1/1909, p7
The article discusses the gods being worshipped in the Hawaiian hula. It mentions that Laka was cited as the god of the maile, noting that it was the one and only divine patron of the art known to the Hawaiian people. It also offers information on Kapo, stating that it is the divine patron of...
- Secrets of the Dance. Mnookin, Seth // Conde Nast Traveler;Nov2007, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p150
The article focuses on the history and meaning of the Hawaiian hula. Hula is the soul of Hawaii expressed in motion. Hawaiians agree that the first hula was performed by a god or goddess which makes the dance a sacred ritual. Although it began as a form of worship during religious ceremonies, it...
- Hula for Insiders. S. M. // Conde Nast Traveler;Nov2007, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p158
The article offers information on how to get to the Merri Monarch Festival in Big Island, Hawaii. The special event takes place every year the week after Easter and includes musical performances, parades, and daily free entertainment at the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel. Furthermore, the real focus of the...
- Our powers combined. // Mixmag;3/ 1/2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p14
The article informs that the periodical will again become the exclusive media partner for Creamfields, large music dance festival, and also informs that it will provide all the news, updates and facts related to the festival.
- Ministry of Sound seeks sponsors for 16-hour summer dance festival. // Marketing Week;3/15/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the solicitation for Knebworth 2001 dance festival sponsors by the Ministry of Sound in England. Opportunities for sponsors; Location and details of the event; Views of CM Harper, director of sponsorship on the festival.
- Editors' Corner. Cross, Pat; Krotser, Don // Folk Dance Scene;Oct2010, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the rich heritage of dance and music from Hawaii and another about the tantsipidu dance festival.
- II.--THE HALAU; THE KUAHU--THEIR DECORATION AND CONSECRATION. EMERSON, NATHANIEL B. // Unwritten Literature of Hawaii: The Sacred Songs of the Hula;1/1/1909, p6
The article discusses the settings of halau, the place where the Hawaiian hula is performed. It describes the construction of halau or hall as well as the abrogation of the tabu system. It also mentions that the Hawaiian people who performed the hula has been exerting efforts to maintain the...