Cracking Soccer's Great Wall
- Some ballclubs still shy about Long Island identity. Calabria, Patrick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/20/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 29, p29A
Comments on the performance of the sports team in Long Island, New York. Selection of a name identity; Views about the sponsor sports team in New York; Assessment on the capabilities of other sports team.
- Formula One teams to unite for sponsor hunt. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);5/16/2002, p1
Reports the partnership between Formula One teams to market the sport and find potential sponsors.
- Sports saturation? Petrecca, Laura // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p42
Discusses the impact of the increasing number of professional leagues on sports sponsorships in the United States. Examples of sports leagues that recently emerged in the country; Overview on the competition among sports leagues as they battle for fan attention and sponsors; Ratings garnered by...
- BCCI Offers Olive Branch after Sahara Quits. // India -- West;2/10/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 12, pC25
The article reports on the conciliary stand of the Board of Control for Cricket (BCCI) following the withdrawal of Sahara's sponsorship to Indian cricket team and as owner of Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Pune Warrior in New Delhi, India.
- DEAL BREAKER. J. D. // Australian Auto Action;7/20/2015, Issue 1651, p40
The article reports on the plan of one of the most respected teams in Group One racing to quit the sport after facing an uphill battle to land a sponsor for the 2016 season.
- MONEY BALL. ECKER, DANNY // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/28/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p0003
The article reports on the turnaround performance on the sports business of baseball team Chicago Cubs. Topics include the acquisition of the team by Joe Ricketts, founder of online broker T.D. Ameritrade, the significant of the team's victories on valueing ticket sales and television (TV)...
- Abstracts. // International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship;Jan2012, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p88
The article presents abstracts on sports industry topics which includes for sponsorship logos on professional sports shirts, relationship between real sports and digital adaptation in e-sport gaming, and Road cycling event preferences for racing cyclists.
- Sports Business JOURNAL REPORT. // Sporting News;7/4/2011, Vol. 235 Issue 14, p17
The article discusses topics in the sports industry such as sponsorship of the Meadowlands Stadium and a basketball exhibition tournament proposed by the Wasserman Media Group. A chart is also presented which compares the popularity of basketball teams on social networking websites.
- Biz efforts up support for new Houston team. Babineck, Mark // Marketing News;9/15/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p36
Reports on the public and private investments for the Houston Texans football team in Houston, Texas. Total amount of investments; Corporate sponsors; Awards won.