The South Rises Again
- Jobless Claims Up 6,000 Last Week. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p2
Reports on the increase in the number of first-time applications for state unemployment in the week ending August 13, 2005, according to data released by the United States Labor Department. Four-week moving average; Number for continued benefits for the week ending August 6.
- Comparative Indicators. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr2002, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p68
Describes the comparative indicators tables which provide an overview and comparison of major statistical series of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Information on labor market indicators; Data on changes in compensation, prices, and productivity; Alternative measures of wage and...
- Labour market statistics quarterly update. // Labour Market Trends;Sep2003, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p435
Presents updates on developments taking place as part of the British Office of National Statistics' (ONS) work to improve labour market statistics as of August 2003. Jobs density indicator published by ONS; Improvements to the New Earnings Survey; Work undertaken by ONS to produce a quarterly...
- Labour Markets. // Canadian Economic Observer;Jan2007 Statistical Summary, Vol. 20, p13
Several charts and graphs are presented depicting the labor market statistics in Canada for 2006 that include labor force statistics, number of employed and unemployed, and the employment and earnings by industry.
- Notes on Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov2012, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p43
The article offers information on various issues related to labor statistics, collected by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, including labor force, labor compensation, and illness statistics. It further discusses Labor market indicators, employment and unemployment data, and job openings and...
- Comparative Indicators. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec2004, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p52
This article presents an overview of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics statistical series. Labor market indicators include employment measures from two major surveys and information on rates of change in compensation provided by the Employment Cost Index program. The labor force participation...
- Current Labor Statistics: Comparative Indicators. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec2004, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p65
This section presents several charts of labor statistics in the U.S. from 2002 to 2004, including labor market indicators, wage and compensation changes, employment status, and other related statistics.
- It's Good News, Bad News with N.J. Jobs Data. // njbiz;9/22/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p12
The article reports on data gathered by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development which gives an assessment of the state's performance for December 20007 to August 2008. The bad news is that New Jersey lagged the nation in payroll employment. The good news is that the state...
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct2004, Vol. 127 Issue 10, p51
This section deals with the principal statistical series collected and calculated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics on labor-related matters. Labor market indicators include employment measures from two major surveys and information on rates of change in compensation provided by the...