Building The Infinite Internet
- Sagan's Leadership Lessons. Sagan, Paul // Siliconindia;May2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p40
The article presents leadership lessons from Paul Sagan, chief executive officer of Akamai Technologies Inc. Sagan believes that the journey to be a good leader involves learning to be honest in one's interactions with people and relationships, since these people will be coming along again. It...
- Akamai offers custom content. Jacobs, April // Network World;07/03/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p21
Announces that United States-based content delivery provider Akamai is offering enterprise users a service for their electronic commerce and Web sites that will enable them to determine the location and types of network users. Firms that have signed up for the Akamai service; Value of...
- Akamai to speed up the Web, or your money back. Hohman, Robin Schreier // Network World;06/21/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p8
Features Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Web hosting company Akamai Technologies. Company background; Services offered.
- Content with an edge. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/6/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 6, p20
Features Akamai Technologies of Cambridge, Massachusetts, a company that provides content delivery network to the telecommunications and Internet industries. How the company responded to Web casting problems; Efforts of the company to improve its Web content services; Source of Akamai's revenue.
- Akamai Cuts Costs, Strives for Profit. Torres, Johanne // EContent;Dec2001, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p9
Focuses on the profitability of United States-based Internet content distributor Akamai Technologies. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the company's earnings; Performance during the third quarter; Partnerships being formed by Akamai.
- Akamai. Mulqueen, John T. // Interactive Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p20
Reports on the finances of Internet company Akamai Technologies for the first quarter of 2001. Products and services of the company; Business model used; Cost of the company's products and services; Comparison of the company's 2000 and 2001 revenues.
- Start-up seeks to unclog Web. Greene, Tim // Network World;01/18/99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p6
Reports on Akamai Technologies Inc.'s plan to develop a service called FreeFlow to improve Web site accessibility in the United States. Akamai's hiring of Tom Leighton as chief scientist; Need for the improvement of Web content distribution on the Internet; Delivery of customers' Web pages...
- Q&A: Paul Sagan. // Technology Review;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p22
An interview with chief executive officer (CEO) Paul Sagan of Akamai Technologies Inc. is presented. When asked to describe how much Internet traffic has exploded, Sagan says that the company delivered as much data in one week as they did from 2005. He comments that the Internet would not just...
- Super services = superhighway. Coffee, Peter // eWeek;4/24/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p51
The article focuses on how Akamai Technologies, a pioneer of network-edge services, can work with content providers to make the Internet marketplace as responsive and as open to segmentation of premium services to profitable customers. It discusses how the Internet was used to be called as the...