Pearson Education Is The Nation's Top Ed. Software Publisher
- Interactive Learning With Rocky and Bullwinkle. // T H E Journal;Feb99, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p36
Features Houghton Mifflin Interactive's Rocky & Bullwinkle's Know-It-All Quiz Game elementary education software. Capabilities; Specifications; Applications.
- Elementary school titles. Sands, Michele; Felix, Kathie // Multimedia Schools;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p55
Evaluates the elementary education software Curious George Learns to Spell from Houghton Mifflin. Format; System requirements; Description; Installation; Features; Ease of use; Product support.
- Partnerships & Acquisitionsï¿½. // Educational Marketer;1/23/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on developments regarding partnerships and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry. Higher education course management platform manufacturer Blackboard and streaming technology provider Tegrity have collaborated to provide podcasts of class lectures. Houghton...
- Houghton Mifflin lands Illinois online contract; looking for more RFP's. // Electronic Education Report;09/02/98, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Houghton Mifflin Co.'s contract with online curriculum providers in Illinois. Creation of Illinois@Education Place; Terms of the contract; Other services awarded contracts by Illinois.
- Houghton Mifflin ships first abridged adult title. Sweeting, P. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/89, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p49
Report on Houghton Mifflin Audio's introduction of abridged readings of adult books.
- Houghton Mifflin to acquire Gollancz. Reuter, M.; Menkes, V. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/1989, Vol. 236 Issue 15, p10
Discusses Houghton Mifflin's plan to acquire Victor Gollancz, one of the few remaining British independent publishers, and the advantages of this acquisition. Distribution; Publishing program; British reaction. INSET: Barnes & Noble buys controlling interest in Bookstop..
- The college textbook publisher's Web site: Is it editorial? Education? Marketing? Alschuler, Liora // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jul98, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p5
Discusses the role of the Houghton Mifflin College Division publishers Web site. Information on books included on the site; Details on the American History BiblioBase; Comments from Victoria Keirnan, director of Internet development for the College Division. INSET: The larger picture: A...
- Houghton Mifflin reports sales of $464 million in '93. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/31/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the sales of Houghton Mifflin Co. for 1993. Percentage increase from 1992 sales; Effect of the divestiture of Gollancz and Canadian operations; Operating income for 1993; Contribution of sales from the college division.
- Houghton predicts weak fourth quarter, cautious on '92. Reuter, M.; Reid, C. // Publishers Weekly;1/6/1992, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p16
States that despite strong results in the third quarter, Houghton Mifflin predicted weak results in the fourth quarter. Effects of the economic recession on general trade and college publishing; Comment from Nader F. Darehshori, chairman and CEO of Houghton Mifflin; Total revenues for third...