Edutest.com Markets Service To Individual Teachers For Free
- Lightspan Broadens Assessment Services Through Edutest Acquisition. // Electronic Education Report;06/07/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on San Diego, California-based Lightspan Inc.'s acquisition of Richmond, Virginia-based online testing and assessment product developer Edutest Inc.
- Lightspan Buys Edutest. // Curriculum Administrator;Aug2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p15
Reports on Lightspan's purchase of the online testing firm Edutest. Lightspan's signing of contract with the New York City Board of Education; Purpose of the signing; Lightspan's search for a financial officer; Web sites for more information.
- EduTest.com. // Library Journal;Spring2000 Net Connect, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p6
Offers information on the website EduTest.com which offers web-based software that evaluates student achievement. Evaluations based on standards of learning which have been adopted by most states in the United States; Features of the website; Availability of Edutest@home, an individualized...
- Edutest offers math, language arts tests for free over the... // Electronic Education Report;12/17/97, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p7
Announces that K-12 test provider Edutest is offering its math and language arts test for free to individual users over the Internet. How to have a sample of Edutest's basic skills test; Expected sales of the Edutest by the end of 1998; Impact of the standardized testing debate.
- United States-Israel exchange teachers ... Kent, D. // Children Today;Jan/Feb88, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p16
Describes an exchange program being conducted under a Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of Israel and the Office of Human Development Services. Teachers from the US trained teachers in Israel to use a peer tutoring system to improve reading, spelling,...
- Where to find a `certain type of teacher.' // Commonweal;4/20/84, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p238
We should have compulsory sex education in the public schools. Such education must stress the indispensable values of responsibility, fidelity, and love in sexual relationships. A certain type of teacher would be effective in these courses. Where do we find that teacher? A look at the question.
- Teacher beliefs regarding career ladders and merit pay. Matthes, William A.; Tollerud, Toni R. // Education;Summer90, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p535
Suggests that classroom teachers do not embrace the concepts of career ladders and merit pay with same vigor as policymakers. Gender differences; Respondents; Means and standard deviations.
- Factors associated with academic success of prospective teachers. Windham, R.; Tunnell, J. // Education;Spring92, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p408
Determines the combined predictive effects of the Pre-Professional Skills Test scores in reading, writing, and mathematics and the National Teacher Examination Professional Knowledge Test scores on the academic performance of elementary and secondary prospective teachers. Procedures;...
- Critical thinking and teaching attitudes of preservice teachers. White, W.F.; Burke, C.M. // Education;Spring92, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p443
Presents a study in which a sample volunteered responses to the `Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal' (1980) and `The Survey of Teachers Attitudes--Revised' (1989). Wide range of scores; Attitudes about teaching by preservice teacher s; Method; Results; Discussion.