Harcourt's Ed. Unit Records Slower Growth In 3Q `99 Compared To `98
- Texas ESL & Biology And Florida Math Power Harcourt To Top Of EM's 2004 Adoption Scorecard. // Educational Marketer;3/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the market performance of Harcourt Inc. based from the journal's exclusive Adoption Scorecard for 2004 in Orlando, Florida. Percentage of share on estimated total sales from the adoptions being tracked; Role of publishers in the increase in competition for textbook adoptions;...
- Harcourt Brace now Harcourt Inc. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p11
Focuses on Harcourt General's decision to change the name of its United States-based publishing and educational services subsidiary to Harcourt Inc. Part of a rebranding campaign designed to strengthen its position as a lifelong learning company; Development of a customer-focused Internet site.
- Harcourt Parlays ESL And High-School Biology Sales Into A Leading Position In The Texas Adoption. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the ranking of Harcourt Inc., Pearson Education Inc. and Hampton-Brown in the textbook adoption in Texas. Performance of bilingual and literacy publisher Hampton-Brown; Domination of AP biology by Pearson; Compilation of the ranking of primarily print-based K-12 publishers; Estimation...
- Harcourt Achieve To Consolidate Saxon Operations In Texas. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the strategy of Harcourt Inc. in the Texas ESL adoption. Availability of materials from its school division; Integration of Saxon Publishers; Consolidation of operations into Harcourt Achieve's base.
- Harcourt Sweeps K-5. // Educational Marketer;1/17/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p3
The article presents information on various publishers of mathematics books. McGraw-Hill's Macmillan unit was outperformed statewide by the company's alternative math program, Everyday Mathematics, which secured half-again as much in sales as the Macmillan unit. Harcourt Inc. secured the...
- Harcourt, McGraw-Hill In Two-Way Contest In Calif. Health Adoption. // Educational Marketer;2/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the business competition between Harcourt Inc. and McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc., the only companies whose textbooks are on the approved list in California. Number of textbook titles of the publishers that are on the approved list; Approval of the adoption list by the U.S. Board of Education;...
- Harcourt to Buy Saxon Publishers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/7/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the agreement of Harcourt Achieve, a supplemental publishing division of Harcourt Inc., to acquire Saxon Publishers in 2004. Types of instructional materials published by Saxon; Terms of the deal; Significance of the acquisition to Harcourt Achieve.
- Time Past, Time Future. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 29, p5
The author comments on the plan of Houghton Mifflin Riverdeep to acquire Harcourt from Reed Elsevier. The author mentions that Houghton Mifflin Riverdeep has taken on debt, and the best way to pay off debt is to publish books that will be best-sellers. Some agents believe that the merger will...
- Patty, Burgard to Join Harcourt Trade. // Publishers Weekly;7/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 27, p11
Reports on the executive appointments at the trade operation of publishing company Harcourt Incorporated. Executive editor appointed to the adult publishing groups of Harcourt; Appointment of Anna Marlis Burgard at the children's publishing division of Harcourt; Responsibilities of the...