THIS JUST IN
- Jet Broadband Closes on Suddenlink Va. Systems. // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p32
The article reports that Stamford, Connecticut-based Jet Broadband has completed its acquisition of cable systems in several Virginia communities from Sudderlink Communications. The company acquired systems with about 40,000 revenue generating units in Radford, Glade Hill, Bedford, Rocky Mount,...
- Briefly Noted. // Electronic Media;11/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p4
Reports developments in the cable television industry in the United States. Increase in the monthly rates of CableVision Systems Corp.; Third quarter loses of TiVo company; Details on the pending corporate acquisition of Telemundo Communications Group by NBC.
- Takeover rumors boost Cablevision. Corry, Carl // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/30/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 49, p1A
Reports on the rise in publicly traded stocks of cable network provider Cablevision Systems Corp. as of December 6, 2001. Speculations concerning the possible merger of the company with a media company; Plans of the company to improve its financial performance; Business activities of the company.
- Fox Cable Adds Turner South. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p8
The article focuses on the ownership transfer of Turner South to Fox Cable Networks. Turner South offers sports and entertainment programs such as Atlanta Braves Major League Baseball games, Atlanta Hawks National Basketball Association matchups and Atlanta Thrashers National Hockey League...
- Discovering the Potential of the Pipes. Robbins, Jim // Multichannel News;09/18/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p18A
Discusses the author's career in the United States cable television industry. Educational attainment of the author; Regulatory developments in the industry; Development of Cable in the Classroom; Challenges of making the customer experience as challenging as possible; Difficulties in finding...
- CBS loses film deal to Turner. Schneider, Michael; Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;1/20/97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the collapse of the movie broadcasting deal between two telecommunications companies in the United States, Warner Brothers (WB) and Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS). Names of companies deal was given to; Reasons for choosing TBS Superstation against CBS; What television programs...
- Fox Acquires Turner South. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;2/27/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the acquisition of regional cable television channel Turner South by Time Warner's Fox in 2006. Number of subscribers of Turner; Terms of the deal; Value of Turner South.
- Turner grows in Asia with TruTV. Coonan, Clifford // Daily Variety;11/4/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 23, p5
The article reports that Turner Broadcasting System Inc. will launch TruTV cable net in Asia in early 2010 as a portfolio expansion. It states that TruTV targets male and female audiences ageing 29-39, which has a lineup that is similar to the lineup on its U.S. net. It mentions that the...
- Cablevision selects Harmonic's NSG. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the selection of the Harmonic Narrowcast Services Gateway (NSG) 8100 to support the video-on-demand (VOD) product from Cablevision System Corp. in New York. Schedule of the launching of the product; Advancement of the integration of VOD and NSG to the cable system operation; Features...