PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- National Show Accents Advanced Services. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p8
Highlights the 'National Show' of the Cable and Telecommunications Association in Chicago, Illinois. Theme of the event; Schedule of the show; Topics discussed in the plenary sessions.
- MSOs Short on Top Female Execs: Report. Enrich, David // Multichannel News;9/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p8
Reports the shortage of top female executives in the cable and telecommunications industries conducted by Women in Cable & Telecommunications in the U.S. Percentage of women in the company board of directors; Amendment of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association board of directors.
- National Show Notes. Higgins, John M.; Becker, Anne; Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;4/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 16, p12
The article focuses on the efforts of the cable television sector to continue to add high-speed Internet, digital telephone and digital cable customers at a rapid pace, emphasized at the National Show of the National Cable and Telecommunications held in Atlanta, Georgia in April 2006. Verizon...
- Scrambling to reassure cable. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p24
Reports on the plan of manufacturers during the Western Show to show cable operators developments in cable-ready digital equipment. Focus on security and content protection; National Cable Television Association's appeal on the Federal Communications Commission's deadline for scrambler...
- Hurricane Season: MSOs Wait and Worry for '06 Storms. // CableFAX Daily;5/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 104, p1
Focuses on the Cable: Ready initiative launched by the National Cable and Telecommunications Association in the U.S. in May 2006. Number of subscribers lost by different cable operators from the 2004 and 2005 hurricanes; Measures taken by multi-service operators in order to address the issue of...
- Execution is the new mantra. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;06/21/99, Vol. 129 Issue 26, p8
Provides highlights of the National Cable Television Association's (NCTA) convention in Chicago, Illinois in June 1999. Introduction of AT&T Corp. Chairman Michael Armstrong; Boradband communications as the show's theme; Remarks by cable veteran Paul Allen; Accelerated pace of change in the...
- NAMIC names award for Cox. // Electronic Media;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the plans of the National Association of Minorities in Cable to name the first recipients of its annual Winston `Tony' Cox Executive Achievement Award at the National Cable Television Association Convention in March 1997.
- NCTA, CATA ponder a merger. // Electronic Media;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p30
Reports on the merger between the National Cable Television Association and the Cable Telecommunications Association.
- Cable tries to explain itself. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p36
Reports on the introduction of reporting standards for capital spending and counting of video, data and telephone subscribers by National Cable & Telecommunications Associations. Percentage reduction in cable stock for the year 2002; Details of the standards set by the association.