CBS BEATS ANALYST TARGETS
- CBS Will Hit Market Early. Consoli, John; Mundy, Alicia; Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;03/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p4
Announces that CBS Inc. plans to begin selling advertisement inventory on certain prime-time programs for 1999-2000 before the traditional upfront period. Reason for the move; Programs whose advertisement time will be offered for sale; Expected benefit from the plan.
- Other voices: the cutbacks at CBS. // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun87, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the dismissal of 213 employees of U.S.-based broadcasting company CBS Inc. Profitability of the company; Cutbacks in the company's news division; Participation in the battle to acquire the services of Diane Sawyer.
- Dr. Karmazin eyes network-ectomy. Peers, Martin // Variety;03/30/98, Vol. 370 Issue 7, p69
Focuses on a proposal that the television and radio group of CBS Inc. should be split off. Performance of CBS' stocks during January 1998; Financial status of the radio operations; Cash flow loss of the television operation.
- Peering into upfront's crystal ball. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;04/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p42
Focuses on uncertainty in the upfront market for the broadcast industry in the United States. Improvements on CBS entering the upfront; Confrontation of slowing economy and prospects of strikes from the actors and writers union; Forecasts on the total market for the industry.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/29/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on developments in the broadcasting industry in the United States. Reasons for filing a lawsuit against Carsey-Werner; Number of Justice League episodes ordered by the Cartoon Network.
- DONT GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT DEPARTMENT. // New Yorker;2/25/1980, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p126
An excerpt from CBS press release regarding the broadcasting of "The Turning Point" is presented.
- Go, team, go. Briody, Dan // eWeek;3/27/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p6
The article reports that CBS Broadcasting Inc., which owns broadcast rights to the tourney, has offered the streaming NCAA college basketball tournament games online for free in the U.S.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/29/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 5, p56
Reports developments in the United States broadcasting industry as of January 2001. Application of a COFDM moving shot by the Central Broadcasting Systems news division; Defense measures incorporated by DirectTV against hacking; Use of DVCPRO equipment for newscasting operations.
- M-E picks CBS to win 4th quarter. JC // Broadcasting & Cable;8/9/93, Vol. 123 Issue 32, p48
Reveals that CBS will come out on top of other networks in overall household ratings and shares at the end of the fourth quarter of 1993 according to an annual McCann-Erickson report. Joel Segal as writer of report; Network's fall prime schedule.