Cox Goes Statewide in Calif
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p3
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of October 6, 2003. Resolution of the franchise-renewal differences between Cox Communications Inc. and CableAmerica in Mesa, Arizona; Approval of the franchise of SureWest Communications to develop a competitive cable...
- Tailor-made model. Podmolik, Mary Ellen // Crain's Chicago Business;06/12/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 25, pSB1
Discusses the impact of the Internet industry on franchising in Chicago, Illinois. Prospects for small businesses that are willing to adapt and change with the business environment; Emerging trends in franchising; Impact of the labor shortage on franchisers' efforts to innovate. INSET: Efforts...
- SERVICES. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/1/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p9
The article reports on the World-Class Franchise certification received by AlphaGraphics based in Salt Lake City, Utah from the Franchise Research Institute.
- VIDEO FRANCHISING The Controversial Race to Offer IPTV. Henry, Anna // Rural Telecommunications;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
Deals with the many aspects of the traditional video franchising process that new entrants view as an unreasonable barrier to market entry. Problems with local status quo; Obstacles created by current cable providers that new entrants may encounter; Discussion on the open video system...
- IFA update. // Franchising World;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p43
Presents several articles pertaining to the International Franchise Association (IFA). Convention of IFA staff representatives and Lawrence Cohen, chair of Franchise Advisory Council in Washington D.C. in July 1998; Information on the Member-Get-a-Member program of IFA; Certification program of...
- Build Your CFE Credits. // Franchising World;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p36
Presents information on International Franchise Association's (IFA) Certified Franchise Executive recognition. Certification credits; IFA's educational courses.
- First CFE certificants to be honored. // Franchising World;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p44
Gives details of the International Franchise Association Certified Franchise Executive program to be held on January 25, 1995. Agenda for the program. INSET: So, what is this certification program all about, anyway?..
- Two Spring CFE Special Sessions. // Franchising World;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p41
Announces two spring special sessions for International Franchise Association (IFA) members earning their Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) designation. Contact information.
- "Useful, Informative, and Thought-Provoking". Appleby, Bethany L. // Franchise Law Journal;Spring2014, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p473
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue which include the research of the traditional notions of intellectual property and franchising, the certification programs of franchise, and the trends in enforcing covenants in franchise.