Phase Three for A& E
- Upfronts:. // CableFAX Daily;4/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 76, p2
Reports on the focus of A&E on reality television programs aimed at audiences between 18 to 49 years of age as of April 2006. Programs introduced at the network's New York upfront including "Driving Force" and "Sons of Hollywood"; Budget of parent company A&E Nets according to CEO Abbe Raven;...
- 'Deadwood' comes alive in HBO bow. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;3/24/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 63, p1
Television channel, Home Box Office's (HBO) series premiere of "Deadwood" on March 21, 2004 witnessed an average 5.8 million viewers. That's the best yet for an original series debut on the channel HBO. "Deadwood" which had the benefit of a substantial lead-in from the series "The Sopranos,"...
- 2-Year-Old Baby First Is Coming of Age. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;6/16/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p21
The article focuses on BabyFirst TV, an independent, minority-owned network with entertainment-based content designed for babies and toddlers, which is getting closer to 50 million viewers.
- ITV in revamp of daytime to stem viewing decline. // Marketing (00253650);3/16/2000, p3
Reports on ITV's overhaul of its daytime television programs to address a viewership decline in Great Britain.
- television. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/29/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 24, p83
Presents news items related to the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of May 29, 2001. Comparison of the viewership of top television networks; Percentage increase of viewers to the children's cable network, Nickelodeon; Rating of 'The Sopranos' in its third season finale.
- 'Sopranos' end leaves HBO fit to be mob tied. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/5/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 44, p17
The article focuses on the author's views on the television network HBO. The author says the network has presented some of the best television series including "The Larry Sanders Show," "Sex and the City," "The Sopranos" and "Six Feet Under." He doubts whether viewership ratings of the network...
- Sunrise Slugfest. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/16/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the rivalry between television stations WTOL and WTVG in Toledo, Ohio. Decision of WTOL on the broadcast schedule of its morning newscast; Appeal of the morning news to television viewers in Toledo; Comments by David Zamichow, WTVG president and general manager, on their ratings.
- Repeat success for More4's social drama. // Televisual;Nov2005, p82
The article reports on stupendous success of More4, a digital television channel, in screening various Television programs in comparison to other channels. More4 had a good start with the program "A Very Social Secretary." C4 then screened the drama at 9:00 PM on October 20, 2005, when it had 1...
- Quel futur pour la programmation de tÃ©lÃ©vision : le danger du Â« tout consultatif Â»? CAILLER, Bruno // ESSACHESS;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 1(7), p129
With the increase of distribution networks and smart terminals, the supposed personalization of television consumption, and the competition for new audiovisual contents, a true breaking of shared audiovisual distribution occurs. The basic principles of television programming are disrupted. Less...