Life in the World of Written Practice Standards
- CFP Gains Favor. D. B. // REP.;Nov2014, Vol. 38 Issue 11, pS8
The article offers information on the advertising campaign preferred by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board), that helps in gaining favor among registered investment advisors (RIA) firms.
- Standard Bearer. Lindorff, Dave // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul2012, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p12
The article profiles financial planner Chris Beard. It says the Beard is not just an official of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards that oversees the CFP profession, but he has been also the chair of the board's Disciplinary and Ethic Commission. It mentions that Beard's 25...
- One Profession, One Designation? How Valuable Are the CFP(Registered Trademark) Marks Today? Most, Bruce W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p52
This article highlights the existence and ascendancy of Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc., CPF, in the financial planning world. One profession, one designation the CFP trademark as the designation for financial planners. After more than a quarter century since its modest...
- CONCLUSIONS. // Investment Advisor;Mar2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p70
A continuing education quiz on financial advisors pre-reviewed by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board of Standards) is presented.
- CFP Board Unveils Online Career Center. Barney, Lee // Plan Advisor News;2015, p112
The article presents the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards' Career Center designed to serve those interested in a career as a financial planner and support employers and job seekers in the financial advisory industry.
- Could you be a Certified Financial Planner? // Banking Ireland;Spring2011, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p21
The article looks at the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation in Ireland. It notes that the designation marks the CFP professional as an ethical, knowledgeable, competent, and professional to the highest global standards. It also mentions that Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB)...
- Study Allays Online Fears. // On Wall Street;Sep2000, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on a study by the United States Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards study which showed that the Internet does not pose big threat to financial advisers. Percentage of those polled who have Internet access; Percentage of the poll respondents who actually invest online.
- CONCLUSIONS: CE TEST. // Investment Advisor;Jun2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p133
A Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards continuing education quiz on investment advising is presented.
- CFP Board Vows to Fix 'Mistake'. Elson, Rachel F.; Wenger, Scott // Financial Planning;Jul2014, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p33
The article reports on the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board's two initiatives to correct the incorrect compensation of description of the advisors on its list in the U.S. The two initiatives are the systematic review of advisors' information which may be found through the website and the...