One Profession, One Designation? How Valuable Are the CFP(Registered Trademark) Marks Today?
- CFP Gains Favor. D. B. // REP.;Nov2014, Vol. 38 Issue 11, pS8
The article offers information on the advertising campaign preferred by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board), that helps in gaining favor among registered investment advisors (RIA) firms.
- Life in the World of Written Practice Standards. Pichette, Richard G. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p88
This article highlights the areas that should receive increased attention from Certified Financial Planners Board of Standard Inc., CFP, licensees in the post-standard era in the financial planning world. One cannot overemphasize the importance of a clear and precise engagement letter that...
- Standard Bearer. Lindorff, Dave // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul2012, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p12
The article profiles financial planner Chris Beard. It says the Beard is not just an official of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards that oversees the CFP profession, but he has been also the chair of the board's Disciplinary and Ethic Commission. It mentions that Beard's 25...
- NAPFA & CFP Split Over 'Fee-Only'. Marsh, Ann // Financial Planning;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on a disagreement between the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP) and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) over the definition of the phrase "fee-only."
- Wanted: Holistic, Certified Planning. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2013, p55
The article discusses the highlights of a 2013 survey released by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. on U.S. consumers' preference for financial advisers. Findings revealed that people are interested in advisers with a financial planning certification. More than two thirds want...
- Promoting CFPs Globally. // Accounting Today;Jan2008 CPA Wealth Provider Supplem, Vol. 22, p4
The article reveals that the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards has entered into a membership agreement with the Financial Planning Standards Board. The two boards will work align educational, examination, experience and ethical standards for financial planning professionals...
- CFP Board Vows to Fix 'Mistake'. Elson, Rachel F.; Wenger, Scott // Financial Planning;Jul2014, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p33
The article reports on the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board's two initiatives to correct the incorrect compensation of description of the advisors on its list in the U.S. The two initiatives are the systematic review of advisors' information which may be found through the website and the...
- CONCLUSIONS. // Investment Advisor;Mar2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p70
A continuing education quiz on financial advisors pre-reviewed by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board of Standards) is presented.
- CFP Board Unveils Online Career Center. Barney, Lee // Plan Advisor News;2015, p112
The article presents the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards' Career Center designed to serve those interested in a career as a financial planner and support employers and job seekers in the financial advisory industry.