Carpe Datum (Seize the Data: Part I)
- Comment of the Week: Good advisers won't be easily replaced. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/20/2014, p49
The author comments on information technology replacing some of the more mundane tasks of financial planners.
- Contacts & COMMENTS. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p110
Presents guidelines for the submission of suggestions and comments to the "Journal of Financial Planning."
- WHAT CLIENTS WANT TO BE. // Practical Accountant;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p12
The article provides guidelines on financial planning, business consulting, and accounting services in the form of questionnaires.
- NEXT MOVE. Elworthy, Paul // Computer Weekly;5/8/2007, p28
The article presents an advice on how one could get into financial services information technology (IT). A reader asks an advice for his plan to study for chartered financial analyst certification (CFA). The author shared that moving into finance can be difficult with no experience, and since...
- CPAs and IT. // Accounting Technology;Aug2003, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
Introduces a series of articles on the use of information technology in accounting practice, featured in the August 2003 issue of 'Accounting Technology.' Efforts of certified public accountant societies to help their members use technology through methods that include mentoring programs and...
- TAX & FINANCIAL PLANNING NEWS. // Accounting Technology;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p12
Reports developments on taxation and financial planning in the accounting technology industry in the U.S. as of October 2004. Acquisition of the Probate Software line from Selden Integrated Systems by Thomson Corp; Financial performance of Intuit Inc.'s Professional Accounting Solutions for the...
- Smart IT can make advice affordable. EATOCK, NICK // Money Marketing;10/22/2015, Issue 1506, p43
The article focuses on the importance of information technology (IT) for affordable financial advice including offering cost-effective advice, digital access to information, and use of secure portals to communicate with clients.
- IT--who's responsible? Compton, Shane // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p35
Reports on the significance of Information Technology (IT) teams to the success in the implementation of IT and software systems in New Zealand. Business owners determine business strategy while IT people should be the one incharge to carry it out; Need for appropriate technical infrastructure...
- The best DRM policy may be no policy at all. Coffee, Peter // eWeek;9/8/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p46
Digital rights management (DRM) is a complex technical challenge, and the information technology (IT) industry tends to assume that challenges point the way to business models. In many ways, DRM is the IT equivalent of chemotherapy: It tries to kill the cancer of content theft without killing...