The 2008 NCTA Vanguard Awards
- In the Vanguard. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p92
Focuses on the National Cable Television Association's Vanguard Awards, an awards program aimed at honoring excellence in the American cable television industry. Purpose of the awards; Importance of the awards to industry members; Future of the awards program.
- NCTA bestows `Community Spirit Awards'. // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the holding of the National Cable Television Association's Community Spirit Awards. Recognition of outstanding local and regional cable-programming achievements in the United States; Sunflower Cablevision as winner among systems with fewer than 50,000 subscribers.
- CableACEs bow out. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;04/13/98, Vol. 128 Issue 16, p43
Focuses on a vote made by the National Academy of Cable Programming and the National Cable Television Association Satellite Network Committee, to discontinue the National CableACEs awards. Background information on the awards; Factors which influenced the decision; Comments made by John...
- Cox's Douglas Honored for Leadership. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p10
The article announces that Mae Douglas of cable provider Cox Communication has won the Leadership Excellence Award, given by the Cable Television Human Resources Association.
- NCTA Shows Spirit Awards. // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on the National Cable Television Association's (NCTA) March 2001 Community Spirit Awards, which honored outstanding achievement in local and regional cable television programming in the United States. Award categories; Judges.
- NCTA's Unflappable Eye of the Hurricane. Kaufman, Debra // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p30
The article features Barbara York, senior vice president (VP) for industry affairs of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA). Advance/Newhouse Communications executive VP Nomi Bergman pointed out that York's deep knowledge of the industry, her wide-ranging relationships and...
- Rigas, Wilderotter Top Vanguards List. // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p24
Lists recipients of the National Cable Television Association's Vanguard Awards for excelling in the cable television business in the United States. Adelphia Communications Corp. chairman John Rigas; Wink Communications Inc. chief executive Maggie Wilderotter; Discovery Networks U.S. executive...
- Editor's Note:. // CableFAX Daily;8/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 156, p3
The article presents a print advertisement for submitting nominations for the prestigious CableFax 100.
- FCC unplugs cable deals from condos. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;11/1/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 24, p6
The article reports on the restriction of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the service contracts of cable television (TV) operators in apartments and condominiums due to competition. The operators argue that the exclusive contracts should be imposed to cable companies only....