JUST THE FACTS
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p14
Photographs of the several participants in the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame event including Paul Karpowicz, Melissa Grego, and David Zaslav are presented.
- Stickiest Shows. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p28
A table ranking basic-cable shows telecast from April 14-20, 2014 according to the Rentrak Stickiness Index rating which measures social engagement is presented.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p30
The article presents readers' responses to articles in the April 30, 2014 issue including "Cable Show: MSOs Prepared to Enter Gigabit Era" and "Cable Show: Cox to Offer 1-Gig to All".
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/11/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
A calendar of events related to cable television industry from February 1-April 6, 2016, is presented, which includes Louisiana Cable Telecommunications Association's show, the Southwest Cable Communications Association's Annual Meeting and the Television and Video Marketers Conference.
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 187, p2
The article reports on the household ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2006. There is an increase in the ratings of Disney for the third quarter of 2006 compared to the third quarter of 2005. Networks with the highest ratings include Disney, USA, TNT and ESPN.
- BAD TIME FOR HD BOX SHORTAGE. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p40
The article provides information concerning on the high density (HD) boxes for cable operators in the U.S. Most operators placed orders for HD boxes with integrated security in fall 2006. Cable operators stop deploying digital set-tops with their security embedded inside on July 1, 2007....
- Why Cable Should Want Net Neutrality. Brodsky, Art // Multichannel News;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p39
The author reflects on the issue of network neutrality in the cable television industry in the U.S. He argues that the cable-modem service was not subjected to a law implemented for the telephone companies (TELCOs) which allows TELCOs to carry all phone calls without favoritism to any particular...
- Cable Rocks 2nd Quarter. Halstead, Thomas; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p10
The article looks at the performance of cable networks in the United States during the period of March 31, 2008 to June 27, 2008. Cable networks have earned a 59 primetime household share during the period. Advertisement-supported cable gained more than 2.5 million households. It shows that the...
- Broadcasting and Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p24
The article reports that broadcasters and cable operators are opposing the issue of retransmission consent.