What Does Turnover Tell Us?
- E.TR@DER. // Fund Strategy;7/21/2008, p30
Several blogs related to investments are discussed, including the relationship of markets and media, range of equity and bond funds and commodity and market neutral funds.
- Equity Funds Lose $31.8B In Week Ended Nov. 12. // Money Management Executive;11/24/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p4
The article reports on the $31.8 billion lose of the equity funds that was ended on November 12, 2008 based on the data gathered from Trim Tabs Investment Research. It has been reported that equity mutual funds have lost assets weekly since July 23. Data shows that Global equity funds also lost...
- Ready and waiting. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/11/2012, p23
In this article the author discusses what investors can do with funds. He states that though some suggest that since the market will fall, the best strategy would be to sell and buy back, though he doesn't agree with it as the market is already inexpensive. He mentions that he favors stable...
- Morningstar 500. // Morningstar FundInvestor;Dec2007, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p24
Several charts are presented that show the historic performance and current portfolio style of domestic equity, international equity, and bond funds.
- What's in a Name? Israelsen, Craig L. // Financial Planning;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p139
The article analyzes the performance of mutual funds as of June 2010 using strategic and tactical investment approaches. According to Morningstar, turnover ratio may be defined as the basis of the trading activity of a fund. The three categories of mutual funds include the large-capitalization...
- Mutual Funds In Europe. // Community Banker;Apr2000, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p40
Focuses on the growth of mutual funds in Europe. Shifting of savings from bank accounts to mutual fund investments; Impact of the introduction of the euro on mutual funds; Preference of British and Swedish investors for straight equity funds; Preference for low risk bond funds by Spanish,...
- WHICH WAY IS UP? Korn, Donald Jay // Black Enterprise;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p92
Examines several domestic funds in the U.S. and presents suggestions for investors. Information on value funds and bond funds; Reasons for investing on growth funds and mutual funds; Advantages and disadvantages of investing on bond funds.
- Eating Your Cake and Having It, Too. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p46
Discusses the use of bond funds in adjusting mutual fund investments. Details of how bond fund works; Advantage of bond funds; Factors affecting the performance of a corporate bond mutual fund.
- THE MONEY 100. Carter, Adrienne; Anderson, Makebra; Bigda,, Carolyn; Binder, Daniel; Brickman, Mattie; Freedman, Jonah; Garcia, Erica; Johnston, Megan; Kalwarski, Tara; Smith, Stephanie D. // Money;Aug2004, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p74
This article presents "Money" magazine's midyear investing guide. First we narrow the universe of more than 6,000 funds by eliminating those that require a minimum initial investment of more than $25,000, have been open less than a year or have less than $75 million in assets. We then break down...