REITs: Outstanding Value or Same Old Story?
- Stock Slide Has Made This The REIT Time. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/5/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 31, pB3
Reports on Michigan investors' shift to real estate investment trusts with bearish stock market. Decline in consumer confidence in the equity market; Volume of closings and offerings in the real estate sector.
- DO THE REIT THING? Nelson, Scott Bernard // Entrepreneur;Sep2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p56
Reports on the popularity and advantages of using real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the U.S. Comparison between stocks and REIT; Risks involved in REIT; Effects of the economic conditions; Overview of the investment market; Recommendations for investing.
- REITs raising more through offerings. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p21
Reports that real estate investment trusts have raised about $1.4 billion in preferred stock in the second quarter of 2003 in the U.S.
- REITs May Be Hitting a Wall. Gove, Matt; Valley, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Nov2002, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on development related to the real estate investment trust (REIT) market in the U.S. as of November 2002. Background on the rise in value of REIT stocks in the years 2000 and 2001; Decline in stock market value of equity REIT firms; Factors affecting the market; Focus on the market's...
- REITs plan to stock up on undervalued shares from UITs. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/29/99, Vol. 65 Issue 47, p11
Reports that real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the United States are planning to stock up on undervalued shares from unit investment trusts. Total value of equities sold by REIT to unit investment trusts from 1997 to 1998; Undervaluing of REIT stocks; Efforts of REIT in carrying out stock...
- Apartment REIT shares fall as forecasts change. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p24
Reports the decline on the shares of REIT company in the United States.
- REITs Stage Comeback with 26% Return. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;1/4/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the improved performance of real estate investment trust (REIT) stocks in the United States in 2000. Influence of the declining popularity of high-technology stocks on the improvement of REIT stocks; Percentage improvement since 1996; Factors contributing to the sector's resurgence.
- REIT stocks advance despite market downturn. Hanson, Bjorn // Hotel & Motel Management;02/21/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the stock index of real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the United States. Percentage decline of Dow Jones & Co.; Performance of S&P 500 indices; Increase in the lodging REIT; Identification of companies with advancing indices; List of companies with declining stock performance.
- REIT pulse. // National Real Estate Investor;Dec98, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p30
Presents a monthly ranking of the top 50 real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the United States by equity market cap as of November 13, 1998.