Financial Planning and Investment Management: Reality or Illusion?
- A class act. Murphy, Patrick // Money Marketing;12/9/2004, p44
The article reports that the foundation of modern portfolio theory was a 1952 paper, "Portfolio Selection," in which the author Harry Markowitz established a theory explaining the best way for an investor to choose a portfolio. His basic theory was that investors should choose a portfolio that...
- Is Risk Tolerance Stable? The Role of Projection Bias. Grable, John E. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2013, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p14
Financial advisors would be well directed to measure their clients' tolerance for risk on an ongoing basis. This is particularly true whenever market conditions change significantly from the original client data-gathering-process environment. In addition, a client's portfolio needs to be...
- BTSX Takes The Cake. Stanley, David // Canadian MoneySaver;Jul/Aug2013, p6
The article discusses aspects of the BTSX portfolio. Topics discussed include the relationship between the stock market and the economy, the performance of the BTSX portfolio in comparison to the S&P/TSX 60 Total Return Index and the number of times it surpassed the index. Additional topics...
- Seeking Purpose. Swift, Marie // Research;Apr2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p61
The article discusses intergenerational planning for family's investments. It examines the development of the Purposeful Planning system which aims to establish family bonds and assist the family wealth founder becomes the entrepreneur of the family legacy. It states that the system provides...
- ASSET AND PRODUCTION ALLOCATIONâ€¦ For Seniors, Too. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/2/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 29, p13
Reports on seniors and retirees' need to use asset allocation and product allocation strategies in the U.S. when setting up financial plans. Exposure to different asset classes; Services provided by senior market specialists.
- Growth Trajectory: The Increasing Popularity of The Manager-of-Managers Investment Model. Naddaff, Fred // Money Management Executive;5/3/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p14
The article discusses the manager-of-managers (MoM) investment model. It cites how MoM helps in supervising specific aspects of an investment portfolio by hiring another professional investment manager. It also states that a product's manufacturing and distribution is the focus of MoM investment...
- Comparing super funds. Egan, Liam // Money Management;4/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p24
Discusses factors to be considered by financial advisors when helping clients choose a fund in Australia. Fees and charges; Insurance cover; Rate of return.
- Insure your choice. Tuohy, Larissa // Money Management;4/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p25
Explores why financial advisors should demonstrate the value of insurance cover to clients in Australia. Personal risk management; Impact of the provision of insurance benefits on the decision to change super funds; Income protection benefits.
- Personal Financial Management. Scandlyn, Joy // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p72
The article discusses issues and topics related to personal financial management. It states that individual comfort levels, with regard to the structure of an investment portfolio, are extremely important. Any investment should reflect one's temperament or comfort zone. Also, the asset...