Automated Ad Sales Platforms: Will They Click for Cable?
- Cable Gets an Early Jump. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p8
The article discusses the strong performance of cable in 2007 in the U.S. Basic cable is cited to have entered the third quarter with momentum from its strong performance from April through June. A Turner Research analysis of Nielsen Media Research data notes that cable's share of primetime...
- CABLE UNDER FIRE. LITTLETON, CYNTHIA // Variety;11/4/2014, Vol. 325 Issue 13, p41
The article reports on the continuous drop of cable television ratings in 2014. Topics discussed include the factors behind the decline of cable show ratings, the impact of the declining ratings on the stocks of cable television corporations and the advertising revenues generated by cable...
- Consumers Stay Tuned to Television. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Multichannel News;1/6/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p8
In the article, the author reflects on the cable television viewers' behavior in the U.S., as of January 2014. He mentions that despite of falling numbers of pay television subscription, numbers of consumers watching television has been raised. He informs that multichannel operator services have...
- MSOs spiff up their images, boost service. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p30
Focuses on the effort of multiple system operators in the United States' cable broadcasting industry to advertise their products effectively. Reference to the amount of money spent by cable operators in advertising; Comments from Ray Katz, analyst at Bear Stearns company; Reference to the...
- $14 bil upfronts offer hope. Phillips, Braden // Variety;7/29/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 10, pA2
Reports on the recovery of television (TV) networks and the cable TV advertising market. Revenue of networks in 2000; Amount of losses in 2001; Factors that contributed to the recovery.
- TBS BUNNY HOPS TO IT FOR SPONSOR. Newbery, Charles; Sutter, Mary // Variety;6/17/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the addition of Quicky rabbit animated commercial to Cartoon Network Latin America. Features of the animated commercial; Decrease in advertising spending on pay television in Argentina; Forecast on overall advertisement spending in Argentina in 2002.
- Upfront May Pump Up Volume. Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the estimated increase in the portion of cable industry in the advertisement-sales auction by at least 15% in 2011, which will bring a total volume of 9.4 billion dollars on advertising commitments.
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.